Nick Sirianni - Head Coach

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 21, 2021, 02:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah was just about to post her latest

" Nick Sirianni will meet with owner Jeffrey Lurie and will be expected to have a plan for how he is going to improve the Eagles. This will include a pitch on potential new coordinators and assistant coaches, per sources. This is why coaches around the league have been contacted."

If he boots Johnson will Jalen get in his feelings?

Will he refuse and Johnson becomes Nick's version of Press Taylor?

MDS

it depends how much power sirianni is willing to relinquish

if he wants a top OC, which is what theyre going to want to see, he basically needs to hand the keys to the offense to that guy. if he wants a veteran assistant (not frank reich, but like frank reich) to help him with his offense, im not sure thats gonna over well.

big picture i actually think consistently reinventing the offense is not a bad strat. like, the eagles came up with a new plan in 2022 and almost won the super bowl. then everyone caught onto it. so hire a brainiac OC, catch the league off guard, let him go for a head coach job, repeat the step. like todd monken invented a new offense in bmore this year, seems to be working for them. mccarthy changed up dallas' offense. same with lafluer in GB. buffalo fired its OC midway through the year. i can go on.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Post sb coordinator pickings were a bit slim. There are some good names out there right now.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 17, 2024, 09:44:53 PMIf he boots Johnson will Jalen get in his feelings?

Hope so. Sirianni's a goofball so the only person Hurts is accountable to is AJ Brown.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 17, 2024, 09:44:53 PMWill he refuse and Johnson becomes Nick's version of Press Taylor?

I don't see him dying on that hill. He's not Doug.

Young hotshot for OC. Someone like Riverboat Ron for DC. Crusty vet who isn't going to set the world on fire but understands what it takes to build the bones of a defense and can stabilize that situation and mask what is likely to be an underwhelming back seven for some time.

That said, I bet some of the contacts Howie & Lurie are poking are for a potential HC job.

PhillyPhreak54

Wonder when the meeting is bc with so many openings Jeff could lose out on a good candidate or two if Nick does die on that hill.

QB Eagles

I bet at least one HC gets hired before we even know for sure if Sirianni is coming back. The Eagles are always slow on the draw this time of year.

Eagaholic

Why can't they just hire the Bulldogs OC and DC?

QB Eagles

They'd probably get tired after 10 games.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

QuoteDarius Slay isn't known for shying away from the spotlight, and he didn't mince words on Wednesday when talking about his former position coach, Dennard Wilson.
"I think he would have made a lot of difference," Slay told The Inquirer's Marcus Hayes. "He was loved by us. I thought, for sure, he should have stayed."
Pretty cut and dried, right? Slay said Wilson in Philadelphia as defensive backs coach or defensive coordinator would have been fine "either way," but the coach was fired in the offseason. Why? Well ...
The hiring of Sean Desai and the Eagles' defensive tailspin have been well-documented this season. And, as Hayes writes, Wilson and Jonathan Gannon's departures "left a vacuum of accountability."
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.