Nick Sirianni - Head Coach

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 21, 2021, 02:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: phattymatty on January 04, 2024, 10:19:29 AMCan't imagine any coach has ever been fired after an 11 or 12 win season. 

I'd probably give him one more season with new coordinators.

At least.  Jesus Christ, the guy has three years as HC, three playoff appearances, one SB appearance...the foaming at the mouth is ludicrous. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on January 04, 2024, 04:59:52 AMMarcus Hayes called it last February, "losing Gannon isn't just bad news for the Eagles.  It is catastrophic.  Lurie and Roseman know it".

This is nonsense. Gannon was and still is a terrible defensive coach. So is Patricia, maybe moreso, but let's not get revisionist on Gannon.

The offense is underachieving bigtime, and it's almost all on coaching. The defense is coached poorly, but the players are having a terrible year -- even a good coach would be struggling to get production out of a D-line that looks out of shape, a secondary that looks old and slow, and a LB corps that is below NFL replacement level quality.

I didn't think there was a football reason for demoting Desai. He was outclassed in the Niner and Cowboy games. This is different from being dragged by Tyrod Taylor and the Cardinals. Seemed like an ill-advised panic move. At least Desai has time to grow into the role. Everyone knows what Matty P is, and he's not getting any better.

Eagaholic

I usually don't read Marcus Hayes because when I have he's seemed like a hack who tries to get clicks by stirring the pot and creating controversy. I imagine up until a few weeks ago the last coupe of years must have been tough for him, maybe good times ahead though.

PhillyPhreak54

Nope. He's sucked since the days of being on Daily New Live - which was about 20 years ago now.

MDS

i remember marcus hayes coming into talk to my college journalism class...he was all grievance and anger back then too. this guy wronged me, i was right, farg him, he was wrong, bla bla. rinse wash repeat.

he did tell a story about duce staley calling him a jap though lmao
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

lol Duuuuuuce

Maybe he can replace Nicky Kotite?!

Jk

But farg Marcus Hayes and his pot stirring. Wonder who his locker room source was on AJ being a bad guy? Matt Patricia?

Eagaholic

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 04, 2024, 09:57:40 PMBut farg Marcus Hayes and his pot stirring. Wonder who his locker room source was on AJ being a bad guy? Matt Patricia?
Probably the laundry guy that comes around and collects clothes after practices and games, and gets some inside info. And it's his brother in law that drives he laundry truck to where his sister works in cleaning. She can pretty much tell by the smell of each players jock strap what's goin down, and she ain't afraid to give Marcus the dirt, so to speak, if she gets her usual double mocha latte out of it.

QB Eagles

How Sirianni dealt with adversity in each of his three seasons.

2021: Took responsibility away from himself. Adversity was successfully overcome via this method.
2022: Faced zero adversity until second half of Super Bowl. No time to adjust, so adversity not overcome.
2023: Acted like a baby, gave increased powers to Matt Patricia, and put a worse product on the field for five consecutive weeks. Whatever the opposite of overcoming adversity is, this is it. Nick is adversity's bitch right now.

Don Ho

The school where I coach soccer is looking for a new Varsity football coach. 

"Dear Nick,

Aloha! My name is Bob.  Do you like palm trees, white sandy beaches, beautiful blue ocean, mai tai's?  Have I got a job for you!"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

If the Eagles want to be competitive they need to fire Nick, period. Promote Patricia to HC. Let Howie magic rebuild talent for 2-3 years.

SD

Harbaugh would be my #1 choice to replace Sirianni.

John Fox lost the SB in 2013 then lead the Broncos to a 12-4 record and first round bye the following season where they were eliminated by the Colts. He was fired the day after. Not unheard of but I think they give Sirianni another season unfortunately.

Don Ho

I am starting to really dislike The Theatre usher and pencil dick.  Howie out there brother-in-lawing it with the players as they trudged into the locker room after the game made me sick.

He needs to go but High School Harry will be our HC next year.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

one of the most inexplicable and biggest coaching failure this year by sirriani was abandoning the rpo...i know hurts was banged up but from new England to tampa it was non existent

I dont know if it was the new contract and the team didnt wanna put a 250 million dollar QB in harms way but hurts is not a starting QB in the league as a drop back passer...the RPO is the only thing that allows him to consistently move the ball i dont care if his back gets broken on the first series is has to be the basis of any offense that jalen is running
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

That is true. It had to be due to Hurts being hurt.

Speaking of Nick - according to Russini he's coming back. Howie and him are making calls for new coaches.

MDS

she jumped the gun. he is putting feelers out to see who he can hire. howie and jeff want names. when he goes into talk to them, he needs to have a list. if they arent impressed by the list, well, its doug part II
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.