Photography Thread

Started by mussa, May 05, 2005, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

My Varsity field, we still have a lot of work to do this summer, this was in October after 3 home games with 2 games to go.

reese125

I hope thats the visting team bleachers

phillymic2000

LOL yes, and is not cool. Small town that lives for it's football (very typical) Our facility needs many upgrades.

shorebird

rjs246

Pictures of a high school football field. Awesome.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phillymic2000

phillymic2000

Quote from: shorebird on January 11, 2009, 06:21:39 PM
Thats a beautiful field.

Thanks man, We worked really hard this year, and we still have a ton to do. It was a garbage field last year. The town is very excited about the new look.

Susquehanna Birder

Stopped in Harrisburg to take some pics Thursday night. The ice was flowing in the river, and it was strangely peaceful.

mussa

damn man, tripod? did you do anything in photoshop?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

I just adjusted the contrast and sharpness a little. And yes, definitely a tripod. I wanted to blur the flowing ice (which sounds amazing, BTW), so I went with a 15 second exposure.

Susquehanna Birder

Went to a workshop this weekend, learning a little about doing weddings (not really one of my career aspirations, but I thought I'd check it out anyway. Dressed 'em up a little with Photoshop.

The hair stylist there was pretty interesting. I kind of wanted to take photos of her more than the brides.

Susquehanna Birder

I've been playing with some Photoshop techniques, and the results have been interesting.

First, a pretty basic portrait shot that I took at a recent meetup:

The event was in a Civil War era house, and we had a costumer bring some period clothing. I thought it would be fun to manipulate some of the images to appear as though they were taken way back then. It's not perfect, but I think I captured the right feel:

And here is something completely different. I've been checking out a process that makes very large or distant shots look as though they were actually miniatures. It involves adjust areas of blur and focus, as well as tweaking some of the color tones in the image. Just for fun, I went back to an old shot that I'd taken at an Eagles game, and apply the technique.

Sgt PSN

nice photochop on the antique photo.   

and of all the pics from eagles games you could have used, you had to go with one from the titans game when mcnabb tore his acl and pacman jones had yet to make it rain. 

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, I also have some shots of McNabb on the cart, and I thought about using it. But I figured actual football action might be better.

MURP

im lovin that tilt-shift eagles pic, Sus.   Thats the first time i've seen it used in football so far.  would be great to see some more of those if you have the time.