Photography Thread

Started by mussa, May 05, 2005, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

wow, i have the 4.0 megapixel version from a few years ago and i paided in $300 range, prices have dropped so much. I love my Canon, except is only 4.0 megapixels. Other than that, I love it. Nice camera mode too. Hell I might have to pick that up myself and upgrade. :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

newegg has a deal where you get a free 1 GB memory card, or for like an extra $10 you get case, tripod, memory card, and a few other accessories.

phattymatty

Quote from: mussa on August 23, 2007, 03:30:44 PM
wow, i have the 4.0 megapixel version from a few years ago and i paided in $300 range, prices have dropped so much. I love my Canon, except is only 4.0 megapixels. Other than that, I love it. Nice camera mode too. Hell I might have to pick that up myself and upgrade. :yay

i changed my mind and went for the A560 instead.  after looking at all this shtein for the last few hours, there are a few nice upgrades from the 550 and it's only about $10 more most places.

mussa

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

I took these during my vacation:

While I was hanging at the pool bar, I chatted with a guy who had a pretty cool camera. An Olympus Stylus 770 SW:

The guy was using it in the pool, which highlighted that the thing is waterproof to 33 feet. Apparently it doesn't have a really great out-of-water picture quality...but in the water, it's cool. After having to run those disposable underwater cameras through airport security checks (the ones in Mexico force you to put them through the x-ray machine!), I'm almost ready to go all-digital for my underwater pictures.

mussa

yea like how often will u be taking pictures underwater? i know some cameras have a case you can put them in for underwater pics...prob cheaper than a whole new camera

Rome

I initially posted this in the random musings thread:

I rarely get to see incredible homes in my gig.  They're usually crappy little shoeboxes or run-of-the-mill Florida homes.

Not yesterday.  Holy shtein - this guy took a Frank Lloyd Wright design and then incorporated tropical design and materials into it.

I can't show you the inside because of privacy issues, but trust me, it's nicer on the inside than on the outside.

Just amazing.

PhillyPhanInDC

I've got a few from Ocean City, NJ I recently took on a weekend while I was up there.....love the place.

Taken with a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W70 7.2MP (set at 5MP in these shots) and a Carl Zeiss Lens:

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: mussa on August 24, 2007, 11:11:32 AM
yea like how often will u be taking pictures underwater? i know some cameras have a case you can put them in for underwater pics...prob cheaper than a whole new camera

Actually, I've wanted to take underwater pics (or at least pics near or in water) at least once a year. Mostly while snorkeling, but also in pools or water parks, too. In a couple of weeks, I'll be heading to Reykjavik, and I know I'm going to want to take pictures while in the geothermally heated pools, or at least very close to the waterfalls there.

A waterproof housing for my newest camera is available, but it costs considerably more than the camera itself. Plus it's big, ugly, and bulky (not easy to pack in luggage).

While traveling in the U.S., it's a trivial issue to ask the airport screeners to hand-check the disposable cameras. They are now ASA 800 speed, and even the relatively low strength x-ray units will cause the film to fog. When trying to leave Mexico, I asked the screener to hand-check the cameras, and she pointed at a sign that said "will not harm photographic film." Yeah, right.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 24, 2007, 11:16:03 AM

Privacy issues? Does the inside give away the owner's ID or something?

Nice house, though. I wonder how often they get gators in the pool...

Rome

Disclosure stuff.  I can show exterior photos of houses because they're readily available from numerous public record sources but anything else can get me in a bit of a jam.

PS: No gators.  It's on the intracoastal waterway (salt water).  I wouldn't stick my toes in it much less go swimming or skiing in it, though.

mussa

one in a lifetime photo op

Wingspan

Considering that crab is dead and cooked...I would say that it's a 1000 times in a lifetime photo opp.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

go farg yourself

rain on my parade...

Zanshin

Crab has nice taste in literature.