Photography Thread

Started by mussa, May 05, 2005, 03:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

nice shots sus :yay

recent hike to tacquan glen trail, pequea, pa.

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

I'd like to get out into some wilderness like that this summer. But the dog will have to stay at home.

Geowhizzer

Reminds me of home, mussa.  :'(

Seabiscuit36

awsome pics mussa, good looking dogs.  Are you giving tips where the bodies are buried with those pics?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on June 05, 2007, 05:54:57 PM
I recently picked up a new camera (Canon PowerShot S3 IS), and I've been trying it out. I'm starting to get into it...

(pics)

I think I'm going to experiment with some night shots soon.

Nice pics.  That's the same camera I have; how do you like it so far?  I think it's a really nice bang for the buck.

MURP

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 06, 2007, 09:15:54 AM
Are you giving tips where the bodies are buried with those pics?

:-D

Sgt PSN

Just did a search for the camera you just bought Sus and came up with this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ILDARG/ref=nosim/coffeeresearch78853-20

Seems like a pretty good deal for everything.  

mussa

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 06, 2007, 09:15:54 AM
awsome pics mussa, good looking dogs.  Are you giving tips where the bodies are buried with those pics?

maybe, maybe not... :paranoid
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Zanshin on June 06, 2007, 09:52:26 AM
I recently picked up a new camera (Canon PowerShot S3 IS), and I've been trying it out. I'm starting to get into it...

(pics)

Nice pics.  That's the same camera I have; how do you like it so far?  I think it's a really nice bang for the buck.

So far, I really like it. I'm wishing for some more manual focus control, though. And there's no place to attach lens filters, which is a bit of a bummer. I will probably to with a DSLR before too long, but this will work for me for now. The pictures are sharp, and I'm just now starting to figure out a lot of the manual overrides.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 06, 2007, 10:53:54 AM

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ILDARG/ref=nosim/coffeeresearch78853-20

Not bad. I think I paid something like $325 for the camera and a 1 Gb card (from Newegg). All of that throw-in stuff is okay, but 9 times out of 10, it's junk I wouldn't normally buy anyway.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on June 06, 2007, 11:25:24 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 06, 2007, 10:53:54 AM

Not bad. I think I paid something like $325 for the camera and a 1 Gb card (from Newegg). All of that throw-in stuff is okay, but 9 times out of 10, it's junk I wouldn't normally buy anyway.

Does the camera come with the batteries and/or charger or do you have to purchase that stuff seperately as well.  IMO, the batteries and charger along with the memory card is what really made it seem like a pretty good deal. 

Also, have you gotten a chance to take any night shots with it yet? 

Zanshin

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on June 06, 2007, 11:23:47 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on June 06, 2007, 09:52:26 AM

(pics)

So far, I really like it. I'm wishing for some more manual focus control, though. And there's no place to attach lens filters, which is a bit of a bummer. I will probably to with a DSLR before too long, but this will work for me for now. The pictures are sharp, and I'm just now starting to figure out a lot of the manual overrides.

You can put filters on.

Just an example:  http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-HD2-Filter-Canon-PowerShot/dp/B000GA9A1Y

Zanshin

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 06, 2007, 11:39:40 AM
[Does the camera come with the batteries and/or charger or do you have to purchase that stuff seperately as well.  IMO, the batteries and charger along with the memory card is what really made it seem like a pretty good deal. 

Also, have you gotten a chance to take any night shots with it yet? 

That was one of the things I liked about the camera-- it takes AAs.  I bought some rechargables, and they last forever on one charge.  And in a pinch, you can replace the AAs anywhere.  Battery pack is a pain in the butt.

Zanshin

Oh, and it takes nice, crisp night shots, I think.  Here's one I took the first day I got the camera:

mussa

rechargeables are your best bet. they do though eventually go bad in time. i bought 2 sets and the two of the 4 don't last as long as they used too. regular batteries get drained so fast compared to rechargeables.