Around The NFL - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 16, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

ted williams was basically thought of like duce but aint nobody on twitter screaming how he shouldve taken over andy or gotten his chance somewhere else

why? because he was the running backs coach and nobody ever gives a shtein about the running backs coach unless they happen to be the pickle juice game dude
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

ted williams was in his 50's when he first hit the nfl...he was done before he started as any kind of real nfl coach and had no connection to the eagles....duce was 35 an eagle legend and started basically right after retirement with his long time franchise and 10 years in couldnt get a sniff of anything...i suspect duce is a really really bad coach because the people that know and love him were like farg off....

altho the optics of this current white power offseason by lurie is certainly helping duce's case as far as his situation at least being racially tinged
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

duce has been with the eagles for what like 20 years?  can't blame him for leaving.  but yeah it's more likely that he's a shtein coach as well.

QB Eagles

They offered him OC in 2018, which he turned down because Doug calls the plays, so it's not like they've been straight shteinting on him all these years. They weren't about to change playcallers from the guy who just won the SB. Bringing in an offensive coach again guaranteed at least a couple more years of not calling plays, so he's gone.

They know Duce better than anyone and I doubt they would have let him walk if they thought he was ready to be a great HC.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 26, 2021, 08:21:17 AM
ted williams was in his 50's when he first hit the nfl...he was done before he started as any kind of real nfl coach and had no connection to the eagles....duce was 35 an eagle legend and started basically right after retirement with his long time franchise and 10 years in couldnt get a sniff of anything...i suspect duce is a really really bad coach because the people that know and love him were like farg off....

altho the optics of this current white power offseason by lurie is certainly helping duce's case as far as his situation at least being racially tinged

duce has no shot to be a coach thats my point. hes been in the league for a while now, hasnt elevated past position coach. nobody else wanted him. eagles let him go and he winds up on a tanking team working for a joke head coach with the exact job he had before. thats just what he is -- ted williams jr.

why we're talking about him is because he was also a great player for the eagles and no other reason
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Lurie and Roseman are a lot of things but racist isn't one of them. Even suggesting Duce's skin pigment held him back in Philly is about as noxious a lie as it gets. 

MDS

david culley getting the texans job

nobody wanted it and it fell to a career assistant looking for his chance who is going to have to navigate one of the worst incoming roster situations in recent memory

from coaching up torrance small and fred mitchell to j's texans. what a ride.

SD

Watson wants out of Houston

Wonder if they'd take a white guy for him

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

rams have wanted out of goff ever since he signed the extension...hes a stiff. amazing that they did it AND the lions took him.

their pick this year is jville's, so this is 2022 and 2023/4. unlikely these are going to be in the top half of the draft or even top 20. price on the brick on watson gotta be 4 1's

PhillyPhreak54

Kept him from going to the WFT's too

SD

Nice haul for Detroit. Duce should have fun with that offense

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 30, 2021, 11:00:44 PM

stafford has been in the nfl since the start of the obama administration and won the same amount of playoff games as me

SD

Quote from: MDS on January 30, 2021, 11:10:22 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 30, 2021, 11:00:44 PM

stafford has been in the nfl since the start of the obama administration and won the same amount of playoff games as me

He hasn't had an offensive coach as good as Mcvay. He's a top 10 Qb talent wise