Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Caved in and watched Korean League opener last night.  Perfect, first pitch 7:30 PM HST.  It was ok.  Fun to watch, c'mon who doesn't love the Samsung Lions and NC Dinos?  Almost fell back in my chair, Aaron Altherr plays for the Dinos!  Future home of Rhys Hoskins.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Wonder if the Phillies could get anything for trading Hoskins to the Dinos right now.

QB Eagles

So are the Blue Jays playing in the US, or what?

MDS

this is a long way from passing....union not gonna like it

IF it does pass, wouldnt be surprised if toronto is playing out of dunedin
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Baseball is keeping up their tradition is pissing down their legs when it comes to labor negotiations.

What a clusterfarg. Cheapskate owners crying poor. These idiots cannot get out of their own way. They had a prime opportunity to get back ahead of every sport and be the only game in town but nope they're squandering it.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i was going across baseball reference and came upon a fun little question

-who is the current active leader in career stolen bases

you will never get it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

I want to say Dee Gordon but thats too obvious for the way you worded that question. Assuming it's not him makes me very surprised that it's not him. Definitely would have been my answer.

Years of fantasy baseball makes me think it's one of those dudes always floating around on the wire that you pick up when you need steals and they regularly get 15-30 a year for like 10 years. Someone like Brett Gardner or Rajai Davis or Jarrod Dyson. Not sure if Dyson has been around long enough though. Ian Kinsler has been around forever and was stealing a ton of bases for a while. Lorenzo Cain? Idk.

I literally never have great basestealers in fantasy so I'm constantly monitoring the stolen base leaders on the wire Literally the only reason why I know any of those names besides Gardner and Kinsler. Wouldn't be shocked at all if it's Kinsler, considering his longevitiy.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: MDS on June 22, 2020, 12:52:59 AM
i was going across baseball reference and came upon a fun little question

-who is the current active leader in career stolen bases

you will never get it

Quote from: Munson on June 22, 2020, 02:16:09 AM
Rajai Davis

Munson

No shtein. I would have never assumed he played enough games to get that many. I know he's had a couple 40 steal seasons but dude was as rotational as it got.