Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Ha!

Not quite my time.

My days started with the likes of Rick Schu, Phil Bradley, Daulton hitting in the .180's, Don Carman and Wally Ritchie.

Don Ho

Oh My God!  Wally Ritchie, now there's a name we haven't heard since, well, 1990.  Those were the days I had to rely on the super station to watch any bums games.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on March 07, 2020, 08:43:05 PM
lol poor j...getting lumped into the old farts club

Says the guy who just hit 33.

Face it, kid... you'll be hitting up Bob Evans at 4:00PM for dinner before you know it.  It's inevitable.

Rome

And BTW... I was always more of a Dave Cash man myself.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on March 08, 2020, 07:59:42 AM
Says the guy who just hit 33.

Face it, kid... you'll be hitting up Bob Evans at 4:00PM for dinner before you know it.  It's inevitable.

its been downhill for a while but now its really all downhill
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

QuoteCash was part of what is believed to be the first all-black starting lineup (including several Latinos) in Major League history. On September 1, 1971, the Pirates' starting lineup was: Rennie Stennett, 2B; Gene Clines, CF; Roberto Clemente, RF; Willie Stargell, LF; Manny Sanguillén, C; Dave Cash, 3B; Al Oliver, 1B; Jackie Hernández, SS; and Dock Ellis, P.

He was part of a great Phil's infield:

Dick Allen 1b, Cash 2b, Bowa SS, Schmidt at 3b.  Nice staff to with Lefty, Jim Lonborg, Jim Kaat, Larry Christenson, Tom Underwood.  They Won 101 games in 1976.  Lost to Big Red Machine in NLCS.

I digress....

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Hit the big 5-OH this year.  farg!

Geowhizzer

MDS

i dont know what they do....by the time they get the go head to get teams back together to warm up, starting pitchers would need time to build their stamina and strength back up. can they do that with a lockdown?

even if you start in early to mid june, thats 2+ months late. do you just run into thanksgiving...shorten the season....move all playoffs to southern climates?

theres no good answers here. but there will be no baseball as april and may hit (or hockey or basketball) and this is just. ugh. im lost.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 08, 2020, 08:17:44 PM

Hit the big 5-OH this year.  farg!

Book um' Geo! 

Another reference only the Life Alert crowd here will understand.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Syndegaard needs the good ol Tommy John

MDS

does anyone think this is a bad idea. basing it off a july 1 start

-120/130 games which takes you into december
-playoffs in december, perhaps leaking into january if you add a round
-late season games at ST sites and/or neutral southern parks like miami
-2021 season starts late, likely may, where youd again play a shorter season. probably the 140 area.

not having a close to full baseball season doesnt seem right to me. doing like 80 games or a series of tournaments is just silly. baseball is baseball. 2 shorter seasons isnt ideal but what can you do.

PhillyPhreak54

At first I thought you were drunk suggesting playing into winter.

I'm lukewarm on it bc I like seeing the home field advantage and crowds. People will be too broke to travel to follow their teams too.

Ideally they start June 15ish and go through first weekend in October

MDS

you can a quasi home crowd in spring training facilities

look its not perfect...this isnt ideal. but id rather not play than do an 70 game season