Week 15 - Washington: Let's Bury The Hatchet. We Smokem Piece Pipe

Started by MDS, December 10, 2019, 12:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Of course today matters. Eagles need to have the same or better result than the Cowboys today to continue to control their own destiny.

Most obviously, if the Eagles lose and the Cowboys win, the Boys can finish 8-8 and the Birds can finish 7-9, even if the Eagles win next week.

If both teams finish 7-9 but the Eagles win next week, that means the Eagles have lost to the Skins and Giants and thus have a worse division record than the Cowboys.

If the Eagles win these two weeks and the Cowboys lose them, then Week 17 wouldn't matter at all.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 15, 2019, 11:26:54 AM
if the eagles lose and the cowboys win, they have to win out and dallas needs to lose out. cant quite start nate sudfeld

dallas isnt losing to wash at home in week 17

buy upon further review i am way off....the games kinda do matter today especially for the cowboys because for the eagles to lose a game but beat the cowboys and still make the playoffs they would need the cowboys to lose today
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i always do....just rarely happens so you cant remember many...when it does it always has to do with math or numbers

and honestly the games matter like 10% today...they are basically irrelevant but not nearly bench quarterbacks irrelevant

QB Eagles

According to the stat nerds at 538, if the Eagles win Week 16 and nothing is assumed about Week 15, the Eagles are 79% to make the playoffs.

If both teams have the same result today, win or lose, that doesn't change.

If the Eagles win today and the Cowboys lose, the Eagles would clinch next week.

If the Cowboys win today and the Eagles lose, the Eagles drop to 14% to make the playoffs, even with beating the Cowboys.

Week 15 Eagles win combined with a Cowboys loss would very nearly turn next week into an NFCE championship and should be the result we want.

ice grillin you

im horrible but even i know the chances of the eagles winning and dallas losing meaningful week 17 games is infinitely less than 14%

538 needs new sports people

PhillyPhreak54

I'm ready for a sloppy shteinfest

Sorry ass bum Haskins coming out party today as he bukkakes all over the secondary.

Diomedes

I love love love these games in Landover with the Eagles fans completely taking over.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Alright fire up the suction, it's time to get this abortion underway.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

MDS

General_Failure

Nice of Dan Snyder to fill the stands with Christmas colors.