First cuts are in

Started by SD_Eagle5, August 27, 2005, 02:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

ESPN LINK

QuoteSigned wide receiver Michael Gasperson; waived wide receivers Jared Jones, Chris Samp and Isaac West, linebacker David Bergeron, kicker Jimmy Kibble, defensive end Darrell Lee, safety Corey Peoples and offensive tackle Drew Strojny.

Larry

They added a wide receiver.  Hmmm.
More Mahe please.

WEST is GOD

That's a shame about Peoples. Everyone said he had such a great camp, and didn't play too well in the preseason games.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

SD_Eagle5

Just noticed Bergeron's name on the list. He's the first draft pick cut. He'll probably have a better shot with another team, there's way too much competition at LB on our D.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

I realize he's basically fodder, but here's Gasperson's bio:

QuoteUSD: Michael Gasperson returns for his third season with the Toreros... He suffered a knee injury in team's final 2003 spring practice and did not play during 2003... Was selected to The Sports Network 2003 I-AA Mid-Major Preseason All-America Team and Don Hansen's Football Gazette NCAA I-AA Mid-Major Preseason All-America Team... In 2002 he earned First Team All-PFL honors after hauling in a team-high 57 receptions for 907 yards and 10 touchdowns... He shared PFL Player of the Week honors with teammate Eric Rasmussen when he caught 8 balls, five that went for touchdowns, for 187 yards against Valparaiso... The 5 TD receptions in a game were new USD and PFL single game records... He tallied two other games of 8 receptions (Butler, Dayton) and 100+ receiving yards (114 vs. La Verne, 102 vs. So. Oregon)... He caught at least 1 TD in six different contests... In 2001 he caught five passes for 93 yards (18.6 yards per catch)... He caught two passes against Drake for a total of 25 yards, including a 21-yard TD from QB Eric Rasmussen in the third quarter that gave USD a 31-10 lead (USD won 31-24)... He also hauled in a 39-yarder against Butler.

High School: Attended Palma High School in Monterey, CA where he was a four-sport letterman and earned the school's Outstanding Senior Athlete award... Two-time Scholar Athlete in football... Also named All-League and Special Teams MVP his senior year... He was All-League, All-County and MVP in volleyball and Defensive MVP in basketball.

Personal: Born on June 6, 1982 in Monterey, CA... Chose USD for academics, the chance to play football and the beautiful campus... Also recruited by Arizona and Saint Mary's... His grandfather played football at Santa Clara.

Major: Business Administration.

He's 6'4 222 lbs.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Why did they cut Jimmy Kimmell? Dude is funny....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Quote from: Monster on August 27, 2005, 03:10:36 PM
That's a shame about Peoples. Everyone said he had such a great camp, and didn't play too well in the preseason games.

I think he wasn't the same after getting obliterated by Fred Gibson in the Steelers game.

PhillyPhreak54

No real shockers yet.

I though Peoples would have a shot at the PS after seeing him in camp, but Jeremy Thornburg has outplayed him in the games.

TexasEagle

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 28, 2005, 12:41:08 AM
I though Peoples would have a shot at the PS after seeing him in camp, but Jeremy Thornburg has outplayed him in the games.

Which is all that really matters otherwise Na Brown would still be on the team.

Susquehanna Birder

There's no reason (yet) to think he won't be on the PS. They won't sign the PS guys until after the next (last) cut.

PhillyPhreak54

Sure the chances are there that he could be on the PS. But if they really wanted him available I think they'd hold onto him until the last cut to minimize the time that he is out there available to other teams.

Larry

Brandon Hall & Whalen are gone.  Bucky & Jenkins on IR.
More Mahe please.

MURP

anyone remember if any of the first cuts from last year made the PS?