The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I can't think of a candidate I'd want less than Brian Kelly. Maybe the guy the Browns hired but it's close.

Rome

That's only because you're a 75% bigoted WOP who hates the Irish.   

Fixed.

SD

Quote from: Rome on January 12, 2013, 07:28:57 AM
That's only because you're a bigoted WOP who hates the Irish.

I'm 25% Irish

Rome

I knew there was a reason I liked 1/4 of you. (no homo)

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Feva

Eagles are supposedly interviewing Bradley today in Atlanta. Maybe the plane was in the CHI just to give Lovie a ride home.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

Or they were there to pick up Urlacher.  Finally!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 12, 2013, 01:10:55 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 12, 2013, 12:30:56 AM
How is Gruden, Schotty Jr or little Fassel nepotism?  Don't even know who Williams is related to.

Gruden given a job on 2002 Bucs staff...Jon head coach
Schotty Jr = "He was an assistant under his father, Marty Schottenheimer, in three of those coaching positions: Kansas City Chiefs, Washington taterskins and San Diego Chargers."
Blake is indeed Greggggg's kid.

Rob Ryan given his NFL shot in 1994 by Buddy
Rex Ryan given his NFL shtein in 1994 by Buddy

Mike Shula hired by Don in Miami (even though he had experience prior)

Wade Phillips....hired by Bum as LB coach in the 70s

It runs rampant

Oh, well if you're talking historically, then maybe.  But that can be said about every trade and profession out there.  I thought you were talking about all those guys in the present and was a little confused since the elder Gruden, Schotty and Fassel are not currently working in the NFL. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 12, 2013, 07:11:46 AM
I can't think of a candidate I'd want less than Brian Kelly.

id take him over nolan or arians but thats about it....altho im with ff in that i hope he bails on nd so that program can implode again
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

My hopes are really up for Bradley at this point. If they had lost last weekend I think he'd already be the coach. What sucks for us is that Seahawks are going to manhandle the Falcons, so we'll wait another week or so.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

i think the falcons are pretty close to being a lock today....seattle is so overrated on the road...they dont even get out of washington if rg3 doesnt get hurt

Quote from: Feva on January 12, 2013, 08:27:56 AM
Eagles are supposedly interviewing Bradley today in Atlanta.

i wonder how often that happens....going on a job interview 24 hours before you are about to coach in a playoff game....if im seattle im like whoa lets hold off on this until after the game

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Seattle would have beaten Washington with a healthy RG3.

Sgt PSN

Hard to say.  Gimpy RG3 had them up 14-0 after 1.

Besides, I think you know better than to engage Havas with any anti-Skins/RGIII rhetoric.   

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 12, 2013, 09:23:16 AM
Hard to say.  Gimpy RG3 had them up 14-0 after 1.

Besides, I think you know better than to engage Havas with any anti-Skins/RGIII rhetoric.   

They were riding a wave of emotion. The RG3 knee excuse is a cop out, he didn't legitimately hurt his leg until late in the 4th. Everyone kept saying what a great pocket passer he was, well his numbers blew. And Mcnabb threw for 4 TDs on a broken ankle.

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 12, 2013, 08:50:16 AM
Quote from: SD on January 12, 2013, 07:11:46 AM
I can't think of a candidate I'd want less than Brian Kelly.

id take him over nolan or arians but thats about it....altho im with ff in that i hope he bails on nd so that program can implode again

Kelly over Nolan yes, Arians I'd call it a wash.

I hope Bradley blows them away today. I want a defensive guy. He's as good as a candidate as there is and pickings are slim.