1. Simon Gagne-Peter Forsberg-Mike Knuble
2. Kyle Calder-Mike Richards-Jeff Carter
3. Boyd Kane-Petr Nedved-Sami Kapanen
4. Geoff Sanderson-R.J. Umberger-Randy Robitaille

DEFENSE PAIRINGS
1. Derian Hatcher-Mike Rathje
2. Joni Pitkanen-Freddy Meyer
3. Randy Jones-Nolan Baumgartner

(Jones will be replaced by Lars Jonsson when he returns from injury)

MDS

Who is:

Kyle Calder. Boyd Kane. Geoff Sanderson. Randy Robitaille. Randy Jones. Nolan Baumgartner.

My guess is Forsberg gets injured by Halloween.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

the defense is laughable...the fact that they have no goalie behind it makes me wanna cry
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mpmcgraw

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM
DEFENSE PAIRINGS
1. Derian Hatcher-Mike Rathje
worst first defense evAr

LBIggle

ugh really?  go flyers and stuff.

anyone thats been keeping track of them in the off season want to give a quick re hash of what happened? i know primeau retired.. do we still have terrible goalies?

BigEd76

Kyle Calder = top scorer on Chicago last year, got him in a trade for Handzus
Boyd Kane = rookie
Geoff Sanderson = mid-30s forward from Phoenix (since we don't have enough of them)
Randy Robitaille = free agent from Minnesota
Randy Jones = split time between the Flyers and Phantoms last year
Nolan Baumgartner = free agent from Vancouver

BigEd76

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on October 05, 2006, 05:21:16 PManyone thats been keeping track of them in the off season want to give a quick re hash of what happened? i know primeau retired.. do we still have terrible goalies?

Same goalies (although Niittymaki has a torn labrum and will be taking shots all year to numb the pain)

Primeau and Desjardins retired
Therien is pretty much retired since nobody wants him
Kim Johnsson and Branko Radivojevic signed with Minnesota
Donald Brashear signed with Washington

Marty Murray is back from Germany, but he'll start the year with the Phantoms.
Lars Jonsson was brought over from Sweden.  He was a 1st round pick of Boston a few years ago but never signed.

SD_Eagle5

I'm sort of glad I have class tonight

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2006, 04:59:19 PM
the defense is laughable...the fact that they have no goalie behind it makes me wanna cry

but the paper said that the Hatcher/Rathje pairing was a "shutdown pairing"
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 05, 2006, 05:22:19 PM
Kyle Calder = top scorer on Chicago last year, got him in a trade for Handzus(has a good wrist shot, a sniper, fights for pucks in corners and decent skater)
Boyd Kane = rookie(won the ahl cup with the Phantoms 2 years ago and with Washingtons farm team last year, more of a grinder/instigator)
Geoff Sanderson = mid-30s forward from Phoenix (since we don't have enough of them)Skates Fast, decent shot, put up 25 goals for Phoenix
Randy Robitaille = free agent from Minnesota(Tempo guy, 4th liner at best really a depth signing)
Randy Jones = split time between the Flyers and Phantoms last year(im my opinion sucks, but Hitch love him)
Nolan Baumgartner = free agent from Vancouver(offensive defensman, former first round pick, another benefactor of the new NHL)
Lars Jonsson easily was the best signing this offseason, and when healthy will look much like another Joni. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on October 05, 2006, 06:42:31 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2006, 04:59:19 PM

but the paper said that the Hatcher/Rathje pairing was a "shutdown pairing"

The more correct term would be "putdown pairing."  As in they both should be put down like a broken-down horse.

ice grillin you

Lars Jonsson easily was the best signing this offseason, and when healthy will look much like another Joni. 

yeah and reggie brown is the next chad johnson
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

The BIGSTUD

A couple flukey goals. Still out-shooting the Penguins and looking very quick and aggressive on defense. I like the looks so far. Have to cut down on letting up the flukey goals though.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

And I thought following the Phillies was a waste of time....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.