MotoGP

Started by Diomedes, May 09, 2006, 12:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: DutchBird on June 19, 2006, 12:17:47 PM...And unfortunately it took out three top riders (IMHO two more consistent then say Roberts).

Yep.  Completely changes the points race if any of the three--Melandri (dislocated shoulder, brain concussion), Capirossi (generally beat up/got run over), or Gibernau (broken collarbone, brain concussion)--can't make Assen.

Right now, it looks like Capirossi will be able to run, but not Gibernau or Melandri.

Thanks for the heads up...I forgot this race was a day early.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Rossi pulled a victory out of his ass last weekend, making the points race more exciting.

This weekend is the only U.S. race.  Laguna Seca. 

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/22/

Speed channel is broadcasting live at five p.m. eastern.  I'll be in MD, watching it at a friends house.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

Dio, what makes this better than NASCAR, which you like to make fun of?  Serious question, not trying to break balls.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

a. motorbikes.
b. they turn in both directions, go over hills, all in the same race...every time they race.
c. the fans read books
d. it's truly a world wide competition--the best of the best on the best machines

sufficient?

SunMo

Quote from: Diomedes on July 20, 2006, 02:01:47 PM
a. motorbikes.
b. they turn in both directions, go over hills, all in the same race...every time they race.
c. the fans read books
d. it's truly a world wide competition--the best of the best on the best machines

sufficient?

except for typical cheap shot at the fans, it's a matter of preference to you.

why doesn't that same standard apply to the other?

Diomedes

people who read books are better than people who don't.  sorry if that upsets you.

but fine..if you're looking for a real converstation then yeah.  it's better because I like it more.  now scram.

SunMo

well, you obviously know that you're a hypocrite on this matter.  so i'll leave you with that.

but for the record, I know plenty of NASCAR fans that could think circles around you and your pseudo-intellectual speed racer fans.

Diomedes

SunMo

im glad you agree.

rjs246

NASCAR is awful.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

MotoGP is fun.  That's what this thread is about.  MotoGP.

Anyone else gonna watch Laguna Seca this weekend?

DutchBird

I watched Laguna Seca as good as possible...

did anyone see the crash in 125 CC Motorracing (one of the races before MotoGP) at Sepang today?... terrifying to watch....

Craziest race I have seen so far was Sperbike weekend at Assen last week. Tremendous downpour the whole day. In a field with over 40 riders, just staying upright meant you got points. Riders falling/slipping everywhere... unbelievable...
You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

Diomedes

Rossi is a motorcycle god, but this cat in the rain is outfargingrageous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KycZk1M7g24

LBIggle

Quote from: Diomedes on October 28, 2008, 02:10:26 PM
Rossi is a motorcycle god, but this cat in the rain is outfargingrageous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KycZk1M7g24

that is pretty farging impressive.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons