Casey Toohill, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, April 25, 2020, 06:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

phattymatty

MDS

only question is will he contribute more than jalen hurts
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

QuoteLate Risers To Watch

CASEY TOOHILL, EDGE, STANFORD
It's not enough to say that Casey Toohill is a poor man's Zack Baun; he's a destitute man's Zack Baun but that's still a quality player to have on a depth chart because of the various roles he can fill. Toohill was on-ball more than Baun was but does have good examples of buzzing the flats or sinking underneath curls from both on- and off-ball alignments.

Toohill is a better pass-rusher than expected at first glance; he doesn't have a great length or strength profile but uses his hands well to soften the edge and has good explosiveness up the arc to force quarterbacks off their spot and into the teeth of the pocket. He wouldn't be a high sack player even in a starting role but will serve well as a gadget pass-rush/blitzer on late downs who can still drop in coverage and deny a hot route.

Toohill reminds me of Peter Kalambayi — another Stanford outside linebacker with coverage drop ability — and projects as an early special teamer who will deservedly hang out at the bottom of the roster.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous