Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

MDS

will never get rid of the EC....however. the national popular vote interstate compact is a thing that *could* happen

they need states to pass it that total 270 electoral votes. they have like low 200s now. how to get it over the goaline? texas. texas. texas.

heres the thing about texas. i dont see it turning blue right now (unless more people in the rgv vote that expected). BUT. the suburbs are in and out and out rebellion. and there are a bunch of competitive down ballot races in the exact spots where there is a rebellion. other areas of the state do not have this potential swing. so the state house, senate, etc. very well could change hands.

if texas pushes this through, you need some combo of pa, az, mi, wi, nc, va to come along with it and it can be done. then what will happen is states will pledge their EV's to the popular vote winner not who wins their state. which will be the killshot to a republican ever winning the presidency.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

today trump went to ne-2 and iowa...totally normal places republicans go in the last week of a campaign

this would be like biden going to VA or CO
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

because he knows he has the election wrapped and hes going to places hes gonna win to thank them for their support over the last two elections...a victory lap of sorts

i personally would have went to north carolina a place that has turned 5+ pts towards him in the last two weeks to keep that momentum going but again i suspect he has NC locked and loaded...between his general popularity...voter supression...not counting votes and russian interference i dont really see him losing a swing state with the possible exception of PA...add in the fact that there probably arent 5 undecideds in the entire country and it becomes totally irrelevant where he goes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

lol...old Trumpers hospitalized by exposure to cold after Trump strands them at an airport following a few minutes of what noted political scientist igy describes as a victory lap:

By the time President Trump finished speaking to thousands of supporters at Omaha's Eppley Airfield on Tuesday night and jetted away on Air Force One, the temperature had plunged to nearly freezing.

But as long lines of MAGA-clad attendees queued up for buses to take them to distant parking lots, it quickly became clear that something was wrong.

The buses, the huge crowd soon learned, couldn't navigate the jammed airport roads. For hours, attendees — including many elderly Trump supporters — stood in the withering cold, as police scrambled to help the most at-risk get to warmth.

At least seven people were taken to hospitals, according to Omaha Scanner, a service that monitors official radio traffic. Police and fire authorities didn't immediately return messages from The Washington Post early Wednesday and declined to provide reporters on the scene with precise numbers of how many needed treatment.

https://twitter.com/omaha_scanner/status/1321301704470597638
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 28, 2020, 08:07:18 AM
because he knows he has the election wrapped and hes going to places hes gonna win to thank them for their support over the last two elections...a victory lap of sorts

i personally would have went to north carolina a place that has turned 5+ pts towards him in the last two weeks to keep that momentum going but again i suspect he has NC locked and loaded...between his general popularity...voter supression...not counting votes and russian interference i dont really see him losing a swing state with the possible exception of PA...add in the fact that there probably arent 5 undecideds in the entire country and it becomes totally irrelevant where he goes

Lmao...I know IGY goes negative on the Eagles for his own benefit but this makes it so much more apparent.

There is zero chance...zero...that a Republican president and his team would ever let him just go visit the Nebraska congressional district for the sake of a "victory lap". He's there because his team thinks he needs to maximize his path to 270 and it may come down to that and/or Maine 2. And the fact that they think that they need to visit these 1 EV places should tell you all you need to know about where they think the race is right now.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

between posting fake polls and literally making this victory lap thing up....i dont even want to know where my mans head is right now. i hope hes ok really.

anyway ne-2 is probably the safest bet of *anything* to flip. district level polling there is showing a basically uncompetitive race. they have a much higher concentration of whites w/ degrees than the other swingy states or districts. and the degree/no degree thing is pretty much the battle line.

trumps legit chances are centered squarely around there being massive polling errors (there werent really last time even) or a massive hidden vote (sure?). stealing it with his sham SC or via russia is an entirely different story, and one that very well could happen.

General_Failure

Oh you crazy kids and your notions that Republicans have to lie, cheat, and steal. https://twitter.com/mrotzie/status/1321269931875409927

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

Man, these Republican texts I keep getting really go in on Trumpspeak. I'm super looking forward to this election being over.

Munson

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/1321522013886992384

This is the Trump play and it's probably the only one he has based on the polling. He's going to try and get the count stopped.

MDS

thats a legal impossibility...he doesnt not have the ability nor does the SC to stop the legal counting of votes

....right

Munson

In a normal world with an actually functioning government and a SCOTUS that wasn't in the bag for him? Correct, wouldn't be possible.

However, in this reality with Kavanaugh already trying to lay the groundwork for it? Who knows.

General_Failure

MDS

GA is a see and believe territory but i have very bad feeling osoff is going to get to like 49.5%, win by 2-3 pts, then lose in the runoff when dem voters check out and R voters are frothing at the mouth angry

Quote from: Munson on October 28, 2020, 03:25:18 PM
In a normal world with an actually functioning government and a SCOTUS that wasn't in the bag for him? Correct, wouldn't be possible.

However, in this reality with Kavanaugh already trying to lay the groundwork for it? Who knows.

this is just votes that arrive after ED...im not sure if the d/r split of late votes is going to make a difference. not that its good but the scarier thing is trying to stop the vote count after ED, which includes ballots that were in weeks ago