Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

If Mexico doesn't make it to Brazil you might see shtein happen like Colombia in the 90s.

They take it serious down there.

rjs246

There's no way Mexico doesn't make it but yeah, with the amount of talent they have some heads need to roll immediately. Or not. farg them.

Also the US is really looking good right now, but I have a hard time getting too excited about it. They just aren't good enough on the back line to compete with the big boys on the World Cup level. Getting out of the round robin and winning one single elimination game is probably their ceiling.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Agreed, but what they have going is momentum. If you get that group believing, and they get early scores in games, they shift the pressure on to the other teams, and desperate teams make mistakes. It's a fun thing to see.

I like this U.S. team. They're building it right. They don't think they're better than anyone before they get on the field, but by the time they get off, they let the score do the talking. That's a huge advantage over many of the entitled euro-trash teams.

U.S.? Put money on them.

Mexico? Put vomit-bibs on yourself.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

spain is -8 verse tahiti today

and the tahiti ML is 15,000....lolol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

id take taihiti

chances are spains best players were eating brazilian snatch well into the night...hungover apathetic euro trash goal ceiling is 6
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

money line is now up to 35k

sick

MDS

in the world fifa rankings, taihiti is ranked behind st vincent and the grenadines...a small island in the atlantic which i assume doesnt even know what electricity is
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Spain cruised to a 10-0 win.   Soccer peeps were freaking out over them running up the score and feeling sorry for the plumbers and cabana boys on the team.   Oh, boo hoo.  They live in farging TAHITI, for chrissakes.

Rome

Maybe two people here care about this but Jack McInerney is going to be named to the U.S. Men's Senior Team for the Gold Cup today.

Considering he was riding the Union bench in Peter Nowak's dog house this time last year, I'd say that's a fairly remarkable turnaround for the kid.

ice grillin you

Fans kill and quarter football referee in Brazil

SAO PAULO (AP) — Police say enraged spectators invaded a football field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body after he stabbed a player to death.

The Public Safety Department of the state of Maranhao says in a statement that it all started when referee Otavio da Silva expelled player Josenir Abreu from a game last weekend. The two got into a fist fight, then Silva took out a knife and stabbed Abreu, who died on his way to the hospital.

The statement issued this week says Abreu's friends and relatives immediately "rushed into the field, stoned the referee to death and quartered his body."

Local news media say the spectators also decapitated Silva and stuck his head on a stake in the middle of the field.

Police have arrested one suspect.

Chameleon

^^^^^^^^ This is the most entertaining thing I have read in a long while.  Where is the YouTube video?

PhillyPhreak54

Deadspin has the morgue video where you can see them piecing his body back together on the table.

QB Eagles

I hope that's the kind of action we can expect at the World Cup next year!