Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on December 03, 2022, 12:40:33 PM
US doesn't have any finishers.  So many good chances and they always make one final unnecessary pass at the end instead of crushing one. Weah tried once, and Pulisic had a few dribblers but everyone else is afraid to shoot.  Ben Simmons all over.

They're a bunch of Mamula's

Diomedes

when 'lil guy returns from knocking on doors in fishtown for a petition to ban white people from voting maybe he'll spell it all out for us how flopping and passing are the heart of soccer

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

The US played really well today defensive lapses not withstanding.

Berhalter not playing Reyna and Aaronson from the start should be enough to get him fired, but it won't. 

Whatever.  Good run.  Sorry to see it end.

ice grillin you

peace out losers
Quote from: Rome on December 03, 2022, 06:14:15 PM
Whatever.  Good run. 

you sure about this?

or is it just because they are so bad that getting smoked in the first game of the second round is great for them?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Diomedes on December 03, 2022, 01:40:10 PM
when 'lil guy returns from knocking on doors in fishtown for a petition to ban white people from voting maybe he'll spell it all out for us how flopping and passing are the heart of soccer

i would sign that petition

and i dont even know what means...the usa lost to a superior side because theyre average and cant ever get past the big boys. its not that deep. this is their wall and they cant compete with the powers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

tying england in a friendly was their world cup highlite....but great "run"!!

MDS

it wasnt a friendly, it was a competitive match

i know what youre driving at but youre so uninformed its pointless. the run went exactly as anyone wouldve thought. they had 2 ties and a win in group play and were outclassed in knockouts. same result as the last 2 times they made the cup, same result as itll be in 2026.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they didnt go on a run period much less a good one...they scored three goals in four games and two of the games were against trash teams and one didnt matter...some dood in the bar for the iran game after it was over was screaming about how "epic" the win was.

this is why i hate soccer not the game which is truly unwatchable but the fans

MDS

you need therapy

run doesnt mean like some kind of sustained level of success...it just means run, what happened. they had an adequate chalk run at the world cup. it wasnt super eventful.

ice grillin you

oh you mean literal run cause soccer players run like the equivalent of 13 miles a game?

MDS

some legit noise that usa may host 2024 copa america...they are expected to participate but now they could host

thats about as good a warm up for 2026 as you can ask for

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 03, 2022, 09:24:46 PM
they didnt go on a run period much less a good one...they scored three goals in four games and two of the games were against trash teams and one didnt matter...some dood in the bar for the iran game after it was over was screaming about how "epic" the win was.

this is why i hate soccer not the game which is truly unwatchable but the fans

You sound like a Trumper.  It's embarrassing. 

Rome

Brutal display by the Japanese in PK's.  Jesus. 

Anyway, Croatia didn't look great either. 

I hope the next match is better.  Really looking forward to seeing how good Brazil is and the Koreans will give it a go today.  That's for sure. 

Rome

Holy shtein Brazil.  Whoa!