You call the 53-man roster: 2006 edition

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 22, 2006, 01:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

It will be interesting to see who makes the team this year.  We didn't know how the Eagles could keep a ton of draft picks on the team last year, but they did.  They also cut Jon Ritchie and kept Josh Parry.

So, this will be an interesting ongoing "contest" for this season....  no winner will ever be declared, but bragging rights are always available.  When you make a change to your projection, don't edit your post, but rather add a new one.  Acceptable entries include "FA or trade acquisition" or "draft pick", if you like.

Farg the practice squad.  Just go for active roster.
Remember that this isn't what you WANT, but rather what you really believe will happen.

QB (3) - McNabb, Garcia, draft pick
RB (6) - Westbrook, Moats, Tapeh, Perry, Mahe, draft pick
WR (5) - Brown, Gaffney, Pinkston, Lewis, draft pick
TE (3) - Smith, Schobel, Bartrum
OL (9) - Thomas, Clarke, Jackson, Andrews, Runyan, Herremans, Hicks, Armstrong, draft pick
DL (9) - Kearse, Howard, Patterson, Walker, Rayburn, Cole, Marshall, draft pick, draft pick
LB (7) - Trotter, Barber, Jones, McCoy, Short, Simoneau, Roper
DB (9) - Dawkins, Lewis, Sheppard, Brown, Hood, Strickland, Considine, Ware, draft pick
K,P (2) - Akers, Johnson

rjs246

I hate that this is what I think...

QB (3) - McNabb, Garcia, Detmer
RB (5) - Westbrook, Moats, Tapeh, Perry, Mahe
WR (6) - Brown, Gaffney, Pinkston, Lewis, draft pick, Some other Schmuck (draftpick or other)
OL (9) - Thomas, Clarke, Jackson, Andrews, Runyan, Herremans, Hicks, draft pick, draft pick
DL (9) - Kearse, Howard, Patterson, Walker, Rayburn, Cole, J. Thomas, McDougle, draft pick
LB (7) - Trotter, Barber, Jones, McCoy, Short, Simoneau, draft pick
DB (9) - Dawkins, Lewis, Sheppard, Brown, Hood, Strickland, Considine, Ware, draft pick
K,P (2) - Akers, some icehole that none of us have ever heard of
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

MadMarchHare

QB (3) - McNabb, Garcia, Detmer
RB (5) - Westbrook, Moats, Tapeh, Perry, draft pick
WR (5) - Brown, Gaffney, Pinkston, Lewis, draft pick
OL (10) - Thomas, Clarke, Jackson, Andrews, Runyan, Herremans, Hicks, Armstrong, Fraley, draft pick
DL (10) - Kearse, Howard, Patterson, Walker, Rayburn, Cole, Marshall, McDougle, Thomas, draft pick
LB (7) - Trotter, Barber, Jones, McCoy, Short, Simoneau, Richmond
DB (8) - Dawkins, Lewis, Sheppard, Brown, Hood, Strickland, Considine, Mikell
K,P (2) - Akers, Johnson
Anyone but Reid.

rjs246

I left Fraley off and I'm not sure that was smart, but outside of that I think my roster is money, in a sort of 'this team will suck' sort of way.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MMH only has 4 draft picks making the team.  Ha!

MadMarchHare

But...but...you said ignore the practice squad....

Besides, we know half the roster will be UDFA anyway, mostly from BYU.  Duh.
Anyone but Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, assuming one or two UDFA's make the team, you've only left room for 2 or 3 draft picks then.

You must think the Eagles are going to trade all of their first day picks to move up for Mario Williams, then?

ice grillin you

throw in all the picks this year with all the other amazing young talent of the last couple drafts and it looks like the eagles will be cutting some pretty good players this summer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 22, 2006, 03:59:51 PM
throw in all the picks this year with all the other amazing young talent of the last couple drafts and it looks like the eagles will be cutting some pretty good players this summer

You wish.

QB Eagles

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 22, 2006, 03:40:55 PM
MMH only has 4 draft picks making the team.  Ha!

I'm more amazed at the lack of Mahe.

MadMarchHare

What does he do that someone already on my roster doesn't do better?
As IGY said, they're going to have to make some difficult decisions with all the draft picks they have about who goes and who stays.  I think Perry on KR duty > Mahe on punt return duty.
Anyone but Reid.