DeSean Jackson, Philadelphia Eagle (PIMP)

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 26, 2008, 07:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

I find myself becoming more and more frustrated with the FO.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2010, 02:39:43 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 28, 2010, 02:31:03 PM
i don't know who is dumber, jackson or his agent.  have the eagles given a new deal to anyone who came out publicly and demanded one?   

they havent come out publicly....as of now this is no different than when mcnabb was renogotiating his new deal(s)

the fact that it's in the paper means that they've come out publicly.

i can't say i have a clear recollection of mcnabb's deal but i don't remember it being reported that mcnabb wanted a new deal before they actually started negotiating.  the way i remember it going down is that mcnabb and the eagles started talking behind closed doors and then it was reported that they were working on a new deal. 

the eagles don't take kindly to finding out a player's contract demands/requests through the media or any source other than the player/agent.  they want to be the first to know (as they should be).   

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 28, 2010, 02:47:23 PM
the fact that it's in the paper means that they've come out publicly.

even if you believe this....to compare it to a TO westbrook lito sheldon or anyone else you mentioned is way off base and its not close to the same thing

and it absolutely was reported (both times) that mcnabb was in active contract negotiations

its really difficult for players of this ilk to be in negotiations and it not get out...im sure it happens somewhere someplace but its rare
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: mussa on January 28, 2010, 02:46:40 PM
I find myself becoming more and more frustrated with the FO.

no worries on this one....andy loves the guy (who doesnt) hes young ultra talented already proven and is under contract for two more years as we approach an uncapped season

this shtein is OVER

Sgt PSN

reporting that a player is in contact negotiations is not the same as reporting that a player wants a new deal.  

this report says that jackson is going to ask the eagles for a new deal.  that means that he/his agent have not gone to the eagles yet.  which means that the eagles are finding out about this for the first time just like we are.  and they don't like being the last to know when a player wants a new deal.  

i still think a deal will get done.  he deserves it.  but it's still not very professional to go to the paper before you go to your employer.  not to mention that it's a move that typically doesn't go over well with the eagles.    

ice grillin you

it also said have not commented publicly

everyone on this board knew in november hed be asking for a new deal...its a non starter

trust me youre making something out of nothing

Sgt PSN

i'm not even trying to make anything of it really other than pointing out that the fo doesn't like negotiating contracts through the media and that it's something that usually doesn't bode well in the player's favor.  jackson will be an obvious exception to that rule though because he's young, still hasn't hit his prime and deserves to be caked off.

Rome

Rome

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

are you actually watching the game

i saw one of the opening plays at the bar i was at and the defensive ends werent rushing...like they literally were not trying

Rome

any chance we get to see pimp play we should take advantage.

PhillyPhreak54

Drunkmasterflex

I haven't really been watching, but I saw he has two tds.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i saw the little screen in the flat for a td...how did he score the other one