Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Hope you all are ready for the next lock down and no sports or any social lives

https://twitter.com/phil_lewis_/status/1418210466656972808 21

Diomedes

Michael Irvin cracks me up

"I don't care about the conspiracy theorists, 'oh they're trying to kill us.' If the government wanted you dead, our asses would all be dead right now. So just shut up with all of that."
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I get a perverse sense of enjoyment reading the tweets of Covid and vax deniers after they've been stricken with it

https://twitter.com/nc5philwilliams/status/1418532336283627520 21

PhillyPhreak54

The fact that people STILL have no clue how the vaccine works is frustrating. If I read/hear one more time some kind of "gotcha" when people talk about a vaccinated person being positive I'm gonna go nuts. They still do not get that the vaccine isn't a guarantee you never get it.

Anyone with any sort of outreach to people needs to keep pounding this into their brains.

Diomedes

you cant teach algebra to a lizard
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Bad Covid Takes Part One Million

Where an ex NFLer tells Ron Rivera it's his fault he had cancer

https://twitter.com/bossward43/status/1420202341278490628 21

SD

My mom - who I love dearly - went to Disney with us last week. Daughter and I are fully vaxxed...daughter also had covid. Masks aren't mandatory except on buses. My mom's not an anti-vaxxer but refused to get the vaccine because she believes in natural immunity ...now she's got covid and is extremely sick. She's 62...5'7 normally bout 117 lbs and she's dropped 8 lbs since Saturday. Over 100 fever and said she's never felt so sick in her life. Prior to leaving for Disney I told her my philosophy for getting vaccinated: I never had chicken pox...3 years ago I got it and was sick as all hell. If I could have taken a vaccine for it and avoided that week and a half from hell I would 10x outta 10. So not pulling the "told you so card" out now because it won't help her situation but once she's recovered I'm going to ask the question. And just for clarification she's very liberal. 

https://people.com/health/central-florida-theme-park-area-in-covid-crisis-according-to-orange-county-executive/?amp=true

phattymatty

sorry to hear bro.  same here - liberal mom in her mid 60s who is not vaccinated and can't even give me a single reason why.  so strange since they literally got the polio vaccines as children, and I was always fully vaxxed with MMR etc as a child. 

hope she gets better soon.

Geowhizzer

Thankfully both my parents took it seriously and vaxxed up.  My mom has major heart issues and COPD already, so it would pretty much be a death sentence.

My daughter was the last to get the shots due to age, but now my family is all done.

Still have a nephew and his wife that refuse.  Strident anti-vaxxers.  They have two very young girls, so I guess we'll see what happens.

rjs246

The most pleasant surprise of the past year was my conservative father vaxxing up and fully stopping all politics talk. He saw, belatedly, what Trump was and the danger he and his cult presented. Better late than never I guess and now he gets to see his grandkids.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

My mom was always going to get it but not being able to see her grandchild until she did was a good Motivator.

My slightly conservative dad who got covid was hesitant at first but also got it
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Sorry about your mom, Mike. I hope she gets better and also that she doesn't have any long term after effects. Do they know if it is the delta variant?

This shtein sucks. I never want to feel that way again. I'd go though cervical disc replacement surgery a hundred times again over having Covid again.

I was talking to an uber conservative customer of mine yesterday. Good ol boy from the sticks. He's in his 60's and while not a Trumper he does t exactly loathe him. But I almost dropped the phone when he was going on about unvaccinated folks. Him and his wife got it as soon as they could - I surely expected him to rant the other way.

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on July 28, 2021, 10:53:21 AM
sorry to hear bro.  same here - liberal mom in her mid 60s who is not vaccinated and can't even give me a single reason why.  so strange since they literally got the polio vaccines as children, and I was always fully vaxxed with MMR etc as a child. 

hope she gets better soon.

Thanks and also sorry to hear. Ran to see her at lunch...she's frail and running a 101 temp. I just wanted to see if she needed to go to the hospital because she's stubborn but she's breathing fine and extremely fatigued. She said food tastes horrible which is why she isn't eating. She's ultra healthy, works out 5 days a week and only eats fruits/veggies/quinoa and fish. Doesn't drink or do drugs (except weed).

Quote from: rjs246 on July 28, 2021, 12:12:12 PM
The most pleasant surprise of the past year was my conservative father vaxxing up and fully stopping all politics talk. He saw, belatedly, what Trump was and the danger he and his cult presented. Better late than never I guess and now he gets to see his grandkids.

How did that miracle happen? I know Republicans who soured on Trump but never Trumpers. Even after he backed Putin and after the insurrection they were still licking his ass.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 28, 2021, 12:57:55 PM
Sorry about your mom, Mike. I hope she gets better and also that she doesn't have any long term after effects. Do they know if it is the delta variant?

I only know she tested positive. If I had to guess I'd say it's the delta variant because it's running rampant in Florida and we just spent a week there surrounded by thousands of people without masks.