2 Vikings arrested

Started by PhillyGirl, September 26, 2005, 01:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

QuoteTwo Vikings arrested after gas station scuffle
Associated Press
Posted: 1 hour ago         

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Two Vikings linemen, Bryant McKinnie and rookie Marcus Johnson, were arrested in connection with a scuffle at a gas station early Monday.

McKinnie, an offensive tackle, was held on suspicion of disorderly conduct and obstructing the legal process, according to jail documents. He was freed on $50 bail.

Johnson, a guard, was arrested on the same charges. The Vikings drafted him from Mississippi with the 49th pick this year.

The team had no immediate comment. McKinnie's agent, Ben Dogra, did not immediately return a call.

The arrests came after officers were called to clear out a large crowd from Bobby & Steve's Auto World near downtown, police spokesman Ron Reier said.

McKinnie and Johnson were scheduled to appear in court Monday.

The Vikings played at home Sunday and beat the New Orleans Saints 33-16.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Finally win a game, then have players arrested. What an organization.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Frankly, their whole offense should have been arrested after Week 2.

MURP

gas bill probably cost more than his bail.