...and the Ravens' "thug list" just keeps on goin'!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 19, 2004, 03:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteRavens | Police & Courts: Terrell Suggs - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:48:46 -0800

The Baltimore Sun reports a final hearing in Phoenix for LB Terrell Suggs has been scheduled for May 11. Suggs was charged with felony aggravated assault last month, six days before the Ravens' second offseason camp. Suggs, who is not expected to miss any practice time, is accused of assaulting a man with a reinforcement rod and attacking another man in the parking lot of Phoenix Municipal Stadium after a three-on-three basketball tournament in March.

:-D :-D :-D

Eagles76ersFan

He fights like a Hoyda...what NFL LB needs a reinforcement rod to beat someone up?

General_Failure

Rebar bends too easily anyway. He'd have been better off with a baseball bat.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

Rebar bends easy? I wouldn't want to find out how easy it bends over my head!

General_Failure

Not real easy, just easy enough that it's worthless after one good beating. :)

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on March 19, 2004, 08:09:28 PM
Rebar bends too easily anyway. He'd have been better off with a baseball bat.

Or you could use a golf club like Livan Hernandez. ;D

satoshi

MURP

Quote from: shorebird on March 19, 2004, 09:18:57 PM
Rebar bends easy? I wouldn't want to find out how easy it bends over my head!

watch the worlds strongest man on ESPN.  they bend it over their heads.   :o

Diomedes

ask yourself this question the next time you see someone interviewing Suggs:

is this man mentally retarded?

seriously.  his eyes are awful close together..his jaw sticks out like an ape, his teeth are all farged up, he's got a lazy doglike kind of gaze...I think his IQ is probably on low low end of the spectrum.  I find the guy kinda frightening.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Smizzy

If you don't remember this happened last year before he was drafted....He was playing a game of Baskettball and 3 guys attacked him on the court,he then ran to his trunk to get the rebar.

Not sure of any other deatils.

General_Failure

Who keeps rebar in their trunk? I mean, I do but it was left over from a concrete footing. :paranoid

Smizzy

Quote from: General_Failure on March 20, 2004, 03:31:15 PM
Who keeps rebar in their trunk? I mean, I do but it was left over from a concrete footing. :paranoid
Me too :-D

I doub't he was doing anything constructive with it.

PhillyGirl

Thuggs...I mean...Suggs is in court now:

Here's an update:

QuoteOWINGS MILLS -- Lawyers concluded opening statements in Terrell Suggs' felony aggravated assault trial in Arizona, and the prosecution began presenting witnesses.

The Baltimore Ravens' Pro Bowl outside linebacker's trial resumes Monday. Court officials anticipate the trial being complete by June 30.
Suggs turned down prosecutors' plea bargain offer last month, even though changing his not guilty plea would have entailed no jail time.

Trial dates are set for Thursday, June 20, June 21, June 27, June 28, June 29 and June 30.

The case stems from a March 29, 2003 fight at Phoenix Municipal Stadium after a basketball tournament, weeks before the Ravens drafted Suggs 10th overall.

Suggs has generated 22 1/2 sacks in two seasons.

Aaron Wilson
Carroll County Times
Ravens Insider sportswriter
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

I'll never forget the cheap shot he dealt to Donovan this past year. After Donovan threw a pass he hit him a good 2 seconds after Mac released the ball. You couldn't really see it on the broadcast (I checked it when I got home) but at the game you could see it plain as day. No flag was thrown because the ref was looking downfield.

He won't go to jail though. This'll just give him locker room cred with Murderin' Ray.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen