2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2011, 08:51:38 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2011, 08:50:15 PM
watching the last choke k gave me nightmares to what the next five years are going to be.

on top of that all well have to show for it is 1 title against a team that doesnt even really exist.

as amazing as this run has been its just about over and its going to be a massive failure when all is said and done.

farg you cliff lee.

whose more abominable over the next five years...choke or phifer??

lee will still have his runs against the padres and pirates. choke is going to make 25 mil, hit 20 homers and play 75% of the time because hes old and broken down. its already the worst contract in sports and it hasnt even started yet.

the interesting thing to look at it is the reaction this team gets if they lose on friday. do they get the good job guys it was a fun ride cheer or do people kill them juany style.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd like to know what Greg Gross does - I mean would it hurt for you to tell your farging hitters to take some goddamn pitches?

MDS

they are old and slow and the hitters suck

they can take all they wont it make one iota of a difference

and in reality they have scored 11, 4, 3 and 3 runs. if you told me those were the phils totals a week ago id assume the series would be over.

they are supposed to win on pitching and losing when they score 4 and 3 is a joke. they have to win at least one of those. oswalt can go back to mississippi and cliff lee can suck my swollen shaft.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2011, 08:54:50 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2011, 08:51:38 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2011, 08:50:15 PM
watching the last choke k gave me nightmares to what the next five years are going to be.

on top of that all well have to show for it is 1 title against a team that doesnt even really exist.

as amazing as this run has been its just about over and its going to be a massive failure when all is said and done.

farg you cliff lee.

whose more abominable over the next five years...choke or phifer??

lee will still have his runs against the padres and pirates. choke is going to make 25 mil, hit 20 homers and play 75% of the time because hes old and broken down. its already the worst contract in sports and it hasnt even started yet.

the interesting thing to look at it is the reaction this team gets if they lose on friday. do they get the good job guys it was a fun ride cheer or do people kill them juany style.

yeah thats true lee will still be ok against zesty teams in circumstances that mean nothing and have some 14-12 years where as choke will suck against everyone

they will get it....they wont get it from the bank/south jersey homer types but the city as a whole will destroy them as they should....the real question is do the free passers like grit and lee get ripped up...or is it choke and jimmy per usual
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2011, 08:34:40 PM
and now of course this problem:

friday night ill be at a game. so do i either hope to not hear anything and dvr game 5 or hope my cell signal is good enough and watch grainy live action on that. while doing work. so like 20% attention rate at best.

farg you funholes for this.

I'm actually envious of you. I wish I had an excuse like work to get me out of watching the game. I've grown to hate postseason baseball. Tired of the anxiety.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You guys are dumb. Plenty of time to bitch if Friday doesn't go well, but the Phillies...

Have Roy Halladay pitching
Are at home
Aren't facing a lefty
Aren't coached by Andy Reid
Have at least 5-6 guys in the lineup that have the ability to do stuff
Will win because I'll be betting mad $$$ on the Cards

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 05, 2011, 09:04:25 PM
You guys are dumb. Plenty of time to bitch if Friday doesn't go well, but the Phillies...

Have Roy Halladay pitching
Are at home
Aren't facing a lefty
Aren't coached by Andy Reid
Have at least 5-6 guys in the lineup that have the ability to do stuff
Will win because I'll be betting mad $$$ on the Cards

this is much bigger than friday

ice grillin you

in fact even tho i knew this would all happen im still so disgusted by the reality of it that i dont even care about friday because if they lose they werent winning in the next round anyway...it certainly takes away the anxiety that sd is talking about....i have none and i wont have any until they were to make it to the ws....but does anyone truly believe that will happen?

SD

The hope is the home crowd revs the bats up. Halladay was dominant after the first inning but the Cards are swinging the bat very well. Bottom line is the Cards are outplaying the Phillies right now. They're working counts and getting clutch hits. If the Phils can't beat them in a game 5 with their ace on the mound than they're gutless.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2011, 09:00:48 PMyeah thats true lee will still be ok against zesty teams in circumstances that mean nothing and have some 14-12 years where as choke will suck against everyone

they will get it....they wont get it from the bank/south jersey homer types but the city as a whole will destroy them as they should....the real question is do the free passers like grit and lee get ripped up...or is it choke and jimmy per usual

manuel was taking a lot of heat for game 2....lee is free pass central. utley once he put on the rope necklace he went even further into free pass land. its gonne be choke, the offense as a whole and charlie.

but it wont be as vocal as the andy/juany stuff. though somewhere right now joe banner and howie roseman are high-fiving each other that their pos team wont take all the heat now.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2011, 09:08:25 PM
in fact even tho i knew this would all happen im still so disgusted by the reality of it that i dont even care about friday because if they lose they werent winning in the next round anyway...it certainly takes away the anxiety that sd is talking about....i have none and i wont have any until they were to make it to the ws....but does anyone truly believe that will happen?

I have confidence they'll beat Milwaukee/Zona or whoever the AL throws at them. The Cards are like the Giants, a bad matchup for the Phils. They get by the Cards and I think they win the World Series.

MDS

lol if the great master cliff lee and oswalt were getting beat up by david freese how in the hell are they gonna get past better lineups in milwaukee and new york/texas/detroit

add that to an offense that is maxing out at 4 runs and you have a team that is losing in the nlcs best case scenario. in fact for everyones sake getting it over with friday wouldnt be the worst thing.

let them take some real, legit heat from the media. juany style. booed off the field farg that wont happen with the bank crowd.

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD

Quote from: MDS on October 05, 2011, 09:13:55 PM
lol if the great master cliff lee and oswalt were getting beat up by david freese how in the hell are they gonna get past better lineups in milwaukee and new york/texas/detroit

add that to an offense that is maxing out at 4 runs and you have a team that is losing in the nlcs best case scenario. in fact for everyones sake getting it over with friday wouldnt be the worst thing.

let them take some real, legit heat from the media. juany style. booed off the field farg that wont happen with the bank crowd.

The Cards are the hottest hitting team in the league right now. Whoever wins this series is going to the World Series.

MDS

if they lose friday i wont watch another second of baseball so it really doesnt matter

the only person who will is easy. and its difficult to say if hell be happy if the cards lose as payback or will root for the cards and some kind of justification for the phillies losing. tough call as usual with that kid.