2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 04, 2011, 07:51:54 AM
Just shows how far Lidge has fallen that they brought in Herndon for that situation.

its my guess lidge was the closer last night, so they needed herndon to get them those last 2 outs. madson had pitched a few days in a row...and so had basticho, probably why he didnt have anything

Quote from: Rome on September 04, 2011, 07:31:10 AM
Ugly loss last night.  Herndon better not get a whiff of the postseason roster.  He farging sucks.

yea weve been through this a million times before. he doesnt suck, he just one of those guys everyone hates for whatever reason (kendrick being another). not that hes amazing or anything, but like most pitchers, hes prone to the blow up and when its bad its really bad like it was yesterday. hes going to play a big role in the pen next year, youre going to have to get over it. 

i kind of half joked he might replace lidge and stutes and the main rh set up man, obviously thats taken a step back. and that hole is kind of a problem.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

So someone Bartman'd Pencey there? Neato.

EDIT: I just saw that Kyle "Crossing Broad" Scott used that exact verb, with apostrophe and all, to describe the play. I'm going to go take an entire bottle of Oxycontin. Buh bye.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks for farging the Phillies there, Phillie "fan" in RF.

iceholes reached over and interfered with Pence's ball at the wall.

Joe West used replay to determine interference when checking to see if it was a homer

MDS

marlins guys whining that manuel and mack daddy are "freezing" sanchez

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Was that ever fan interference.  Please don't show anymore shots of those farging tools in the stands.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Phils are now playing this game "officially" under protest. Cool.

PhillyPhreak54

Two runs (at least) were lost there

farg you fan in RF and farg Joe West too

Eagles_Legendz

Have to love Joe West interpreting a rule that's never been used that way before and being able to say definitively that the ball would have been caught.  Dude just doesn't care.

Don Ho

Wouldn't mind hearing that those two little South Beach wannabes are found bludgeoned to death in the turnstiles of shtein Box Stadium.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2011, 02:53:57 PM
marlins guys whining that manuel and mack daddy are "freezing" sanchez

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Missed the game last night as I was the UH game but watched the highlights on mlb.com.  I forgot how damn irritating those guys are. Almost threw my laptop out the window.

MDS

the call was of course correct, it was interference

the question is did the umps have the jurisdiction to call that via the replay? as i understand the replay is in there for either home run or not a home run. they can determine that that wasnt a homer...but i dont think they can say oh by the way we didnt call it on the field but that was fan interference and youre out, hunter.

but 100% shot selig does shtein about this.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2011, 03:09:48 PM
the call was of course correct, it was interference

the question is did the umps have the jurisdiction to call that via the replay? as i understand the replay is in there for either home run or not a home run. they can determine that that wasnt a homer...but i dont think they can say oh by the way we didnt call it on the field but that was fan interference and youre out, hunter.

but 100% shot selig does shtein about this.

correct

Don Ho

PhillyPhreak54

Halladay is off today - Fish lead. Must've been a long night of margaritas and fish tacos.

Thank God Wheels wasnt in the booth when that happened. We would hear wacky game this and that and house of horrors and all of his other cliches.