2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

LOL, I'm 38 years old. This is why I love the unis tonight.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

i love them too but you just seem super excited as if this is your first time

i think luebke is infatuated with them as well

ice grillin you

speaking of uniforms does anyone in the majors look better in a mlb uni than mAAAberry

god he loves that left field line

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2011, 08:15:49 PM
speaking of uniforms does anyone in the majors look better in a mlb uni than mAAAberry

Super excited because I'm so happy to see them. Kind of like you get when the Birds pull out the kelly greens.

Mayberry looks really old school.

Geowhizzer

Munson

Wait....mAAAberry passes the look test, but can't hack it?

How can we ever trust the look test again?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

he really rocks in these minor league games against florida and san diego, doesnt he?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you know who has quietly turned into a really good player....michael bourne....people love to make fun of wade and how hes still on the phils payroll but the two trades hes made have not been bad ones at all from his perspective

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 22, 2011, 08:16:51 PM

Super excited because I'm so happy to see them. Kind of like you get when the Birds pull out the kelly greens.

no doubt but the eagles have never worn the buddy jerseys where as the phillies wore tonights jersey two months ago and do it at least once a year

ice grillin you

hahahaha

mccarthy "tonights game is the hottest game SINCE JULY 6TH 2010!!!"

what a farging douchebag

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2011, 08:22:27 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 22, 2011, 08:16:51 PM

no doubt but the eagles have never worn the buddy jerseys where as the phillies wore tonights jersey two months ago and do it at least once a year

Then it's a prime example of which Philadelphia team gets it, and which doesn't.

Hamels resembles Carlton when rocking the '80s uniform.

SD

It's hot and sweaty as shtein in South Philly. Tons of girls wearing white tank tops at the game tonight. Where you at camera guy?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 22, 2011, 08:20:33 PM
you know who has quietly turned into a really good player....michael bourne....people love to make fun of wade and how hes still on the phils payroll but the two trades hes made have not been bad ones at all from his perspective

He gets on base (abt .340-.350 OBP the last three years, but strikes out way too much for a guy with zero power and doesn't steal much for a guy with speed.  Great fielder.