2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

kendrick has to stay because hes the long man. im feeling you have a hamels-like personal hatred fom him like igy has with the so cal kid. did he not say hi to you at the cherry hill mall or something?

when lidge gets back the phillies need to make a call on baez or stutes. i think we all know what the answer should be there. the question is: is it better for stutes to be the last man out of the pen or to get regular work in lehigh and stay fresh?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 23, 2011, 09:42:12 PM
TMac just called this pitcher a tall drink of water. JFC/

What does Spadaro think about his abs? 

Rome

Herndon belongs on this team like hair belongs on Jessica Alba's snatch.

OUT.

Kendrick is staying because Fat Joe is D-O-N-E.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 23, 2011, 09:45:35 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 23, 2011, 09:42:12 PM
TMac just called this pitcher a tall drink of water. JFC/

What does Spadaro think about his abs? 

Well, TMac loves his long legs.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

That whole Andrusek thing, the trivia question about Johnny Bench holding balls in his hand, and all the Utley manlove......even chuggie was embarrassed

PhillyPhreak54

Stutes stays, so does professional long man Kyle Kendrick.

David Herndon - the Camden Riversharks are where he belongs.

I am offended that Montgomery and Co continuously shove those two farging announcers down our throats. I like Sarge and enjoy his oddities when he's in the booth.

Wheeler and TMac need to get shanked, Shawshank style.

Rome

I lot of times I open up two pages and listen to Franzke & L.A. while watching the picture.  It's a pain in the ass to sync up sometimes but it's worth it.

Those two are such a pleasure to listen to.

Geowhizzer

Was out for an anniversry dinner tonight, and listening to the Phils on my iphone in the car (love this modern technology).  I agree wholeheartedly, Franzke (or however you spell it) and LA are lightyears better than Wheeler and the McCarthy. 

At least McCarthy doesn't try to hide his baldness.  Man it up, Wheels, and lose the rug.  No one's fooled.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: rjs246 on May 23, 2011, 11:10:16 PM
What a romantic night.

18 years of wedded bliss, and 3 hours without kids on a school night.   I'm getting close to Rome-old here.

Sgt PSN

Let me get this straight.....it's your anniversary, you took the old bag out to dinner, the kids are gone, she's probably got a couple of drinks in her and might be willing to experiment with new things and you're here giving us your opinions on Wheel's rug when you should probably be upstairs munching on hers? 

I don't know if you're an idiot or awesome. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 23, 2011, 11:24:38 PM
Let me get this straight.....it's your anniversary, you took the old bag out to dinner, the kids are gone, she's probably got a couple of drinks in her and you're here giving us your opinions on Wheel's rug? 

Wife doesn't drink and has to be up at 5:30 am.  She went to bed about as soon as we got home.

This time of year is absolutely crazy for teachers (which we both are), so we try to do the romantic thing in July, when there is time.  We just wanted to at least acknowledge the actual date, so we did a little something tonight.  Every other night this week (and mos of the next two) we're both at school long after normal hours, probably not getting home until 7-9pm or so. 

Sgt PSN

You really should have just left me trying to decide between idiot and awesome because either one would be infinitely better than the reality you just brought into it. 

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 23, 2011, 11:28:02 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 23, 2011, 11:24:38 PM
Let me get this straight.....it's your anniversary, you took the old bag out to dinner, the kids are gone, she's probably got a couple of drinks in her and you're here giving us your opinions on Wheel's rug? 

Wife doesn't drink and has to be up at 5:30 am.  She went to bed about as soon as we got home.

This time of year is absolutely crazy for teachers (which we both are), so we try to do the romantic thing in July, when there is time.  We just wanted to at least acknowledge the actual date, so we did a little something tonight.  Every other night this week (and mos of the next two) we're both at school long after normal hours, probably not getting home until 7-9pm or so. 

Is this why we didn't hear from you for so long?

I for one can think of nothing more romantic than a nice dinner, a few glasses of wine and the bums game on the phone radio.  Hell, I do it most every day.  Alone.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Jimmy met two downs syndrome kids before the game and told them he'd park one for them.

:yay