2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

so what are you saying? His back of the BP spot is a wrong fit?

Let's see, his stint as a starter wasn't a fit. His stint back of BP wasn't a fit. But he'll shine as a long man?

I don't buy it. His bad innings are not bad, they're a stinkfest to the highest power.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

yeah his bad innnings are bad and his good innings are good...its the definition of a long man...sometimes hes gonna come in and spread the fire but other times hes gonna come in and throw four or five scoreless keep your team in the game and give you a chance to win...the point is that even if he sucks most likely hes in the game in the first place because your team is already in trouble so its no real damage if he blows

hes the kind of pitcher that can do well in the long role because normally the other team relaxes when they chase a starter early and this is where kendricks average stuff can get by in a methodical ho hum way.....as opposed to him starting a game where the other team is bearing down from pitch one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Rome

I love the fact that Cholly pulled Kendrick an inning before he usually implodes.   His third trip through the lineup is usually a disaster.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 08, 2011, 09:19:15 AM
so what are you saying? His back of the BP spot is a wrong fit?

Let's see, his stint as a starter wasn't a fit. His stint back of BP wasn't a fit. But he'll shine as a long man?

I don't buy it. His bad innings are not bad, they're a stinkfest to the highest power.

lol wasnt a fit

go look and his numbers and compare them to a number of number 4 and 5 starters around the league

dude is a major league pitcher--not a very good one--but hes a major league pitcher none the less.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 08, 2011, 09:36:38 AM
yeah his bad innnings are bad and his good innings are good...its the definition of a long man...sometimes hes gonna come in and spread the fire but other times hes gonna come in and throw four or five scoreless keep your team in the game and give you a chance to win...the point is that even if he sucks most likely hes in the game in the first place because your team is already in trouble so its no real damage if he blows

hes the kind of pitcher that can do well in the long role because normally the other team relaxes when they chase a starter early and this is where kendricks average stuff can get by in a methodical ho hum way.....as opposed to him starting a game where the other team is bearing down from pitch one

that's exactly how i see it.  kendrick recently has been a feast or famine type of pitcher.  as a long man if he's in he'll either run you out of a game you were losing anyway, or keep you in it by giving you 4 solid innings depending on which version of him shows up.

PhillyPhreak54

Chooch to the DL today, retroactive to the 28th.

Blanton expected to be activated tomorrow.

Eagles_Legendz

PhillyPhreak54

Doubleplay Valdez doing his thing again....

Gotta get Choke home there.

And thanks for no replay on Francisco, ESPN. farging jerks. He was safe

MDS

Lol

I would have ph gload there...not gonna get him a swing with all those lefties atl has

Because I mean valdez gidping was a guarantee there
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Nice farging sell job, Prado. Who would believe that?

Maybe Laz Diaz at first because he's farging blind.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 08, 2011, 09:49:02 PM
Doubleplay Valdez doing his thing again....

Gotta get Choke home there.

And thanks for no replay on Francisco, ESPN. farging jerks. He was safe

Yeah, what was with that horrible replay angle from ESPN?  That was awfully close.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

PhillyPhreak54