2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on April 26, 2011, 11:14:44 PM
things to complain about
1. the complete lack of offensive production/overall talent out of the corner outfielders
2. everything else

Todd gets it! (As I sit here praying Pineapple Head doesn't farg things up)
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Don Ho

MDS

Quote from: Don Ho on April 26, 2011, 11:22:21 PM
Quote from: MDS on April 26, 2011, 11:14:44 PM
things to complain about
1. the complete lack of offensive production/overall talent out of the corner outfielders
2. everything else

Todd gets it! (As I sit here praying Pineapple Head doesn't farg things up)

first off they are in first place, well over .500 and it is still april. so lets not even push the panic button.

but this why im throwing these random names out there to play LF. i figure if they get that guy, whether be on the high end like quinten or on the low end like carlos lee, it should at least be better than what they got now.

some kind of francisco/hof brown platoon mixed in with big john in RF should yield halfway decent production. also getting a washed up utley back to sit valdez wouldnt hurt.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Wasn't last year the first time in awhile the bums had a descent April?  If this was September going into the stretch run than man all life boats.  First three months  - chill.

I can't wait to see Brown when he comes up.

Rome

The Phils could lose 430000 to 0 tonight and I wouldn't care.

POUR ONE OUT FOR THE FLYERS BITCHES!

Don Ho

Right on Rome!  All about the Flyers.  I haven't  been so disinterested in a phils game as I am tonight in years.

MDS

lol drama queen

really stupid decision by manuel to stick with ibanez there but really good decision by ibanez to not take the bat off his shoulders and draw a walk. its like he knows he sucks and isnt getting a hit.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on April 26, 2011, 11:52:03 PM
lol drama queen

really stupid decision by manuel to stick with ibanez there but really good decision by ibanez to not take the bat off his shoulders and draw a walk. its like he knows he sucks and isnt getting a hit.

That's Mr. Drama Queen.

Rome

big news from mds.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... everybody is listening...

Don Ho

Incredible play by Dawg and fargtard Herndon asleep at the wheel.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on April 26, 2011, 11:30:45 PM
Wasn't last year the first time in awhile the bums had a descent April?

No, they've had decent (winning) Aprils each season since 2008.  Prior to that, they hadn't had a winning April in 5 years.  And really, given the hot start they had the first week last year, the rest of April was a letdown and they were lucky to finish above .500 to close out the month. 

2011:  15-7 (assuming they lose tonight, they still have 3 left this month and could finish with as many as 18 wins)
2010:  12-10 (won division, lost nlcs)
2009:  11-9 (won division, lost ws)
2008:  15-13 (won division/WFC)
2007:  11-14 (won division with hot finish/epic Mets choke, lost wc)
2006:  10-14 (lost division by 12 games, lost wc by 3)
2005:  10-14 (lost division by 2, lost wc by 1)
2004:  10-11 (lost division by 10, lost wc by 6)
2003:  16-12 (lost division by 15, lost wc by 5)

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on April 27, 2011, 12:01:39 AM
Incredible play by Dawg and fargtard Herndon asleep at the wheel.

And it cost them a run.

Stop bitching!