2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

no he is not

but youd figure they will add one more reliable arm if lidge doesnt get back, so they have at least 4 pitchers out of the pen for the playoffs, which is about what every other team has
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

they need to bring Stutes up and let him have a shot at the 7th inning.  Herndon is a gas can
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

choke being choke....now 0-8 with 8 Ks against Latos

but they shut out a team that's been shut out 5 times already, so everything's good

Eagles_Legendz

Didnt realize until I looked up Oswalts stats that he actually had the best WHIP in the NL last year.  I thought he gave up more baserunners than that but apparently not.

Rome

He has the lowest ERA of any pitcher in baseball since the trade.

But ERA is a meaningless stat according to some nerds, so...

MDS

wins and losses are meaningless

era is fairly indicative of ones performance, though not the be all end all
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

charlie

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 22, 2011, 11:51:41 AM
choke being choke....now 0-8 with 8 Ks against Latos

but they shut out a team that's been shut out 5 times already, so everything's good

He has a walk against him too, which is amazing when you think about it. 9 at bats against the guy and has never made contact.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: MDS on April 22, 2011, 02:22:58 PM
wins and losses are meaningless

era is fairly indicative of ones performance, though not the be all end all

Agreed, though its very accurate for starters, not as much all the time for middle relief.  I think pitching stats go era->whip>k/9 ratio. 

I know some will say babip is crucial as well but since that tends to even itself out I think the above 3 are the only critical stats and era is the most important generally.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yea i saw that last night and figured it was a between pitching days kind of thing

NOT a good look

Munson

lol at the Roy's looking on at Cole getting picked off and smirking
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phillymic2000

Eagles_Legendz

I just turned to my gf and asked her what odds she wanted on jimmy swinging first pitch after two walks.
farging dumbass