2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Words cannot express how awesome it is reading game discussion on days like this where I hadn't checked in at all since the day started. 

3 pages of washed up, sucks, done, garbage, this team is doomed. 

Then it's all good after a late game surge.  Yous guys are so cute sometimes. 

Munson

Go back and find when Polanco hit the home run. You can tell because IGY doesn't talk about the game once after it happens.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Yeah, I know.  Havas was either feeling salty, was salting up a margarita glass or got his hand stuck on a glue trap and couldn't type.  But still, the best reading on this board is reading any in-game discussion on the Eagles or Phils (Flyers/Sixers don't generate the same amount of posts per game) from start to finish after a late game, come from behind win...especially if you weren't actuallly following the discussion as it happened.

MDS

its not funny, its disgusting

everyone starts crying and feeling sorry for themselves because their favorite baseball might lose 3 games in a row. OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING. A 3 GAME LOSING STREAK IN APRIL! OMG OMG LOL

they could win 3000 games in a row then on the 3001st night youd get people getting sand in their slits because shane victorino flailed at a curveball. then havas will wattle in and suck jason haywards cock for 30 minutes. fag.

and oh by the way they are in 1st place and the braves are 3.5 games out...4 once they lose tonight. real farging scary.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

MDS

alright i know its early but i just listened to bustler olney on simmons podcast and he said monty isnt going to stand around with this terrible offense, even if utley gets back. so it got me thinking about trade possibilities.

i came up with
-milton bradley (fa after this year, crazy, might be washed up)
-carlos quinten (mediocre average, solid obp, 20 home run power, arbitration eligible next year then a fa)
-vlad guerrero (fa after next year, 0 games in OF this year, 17 last year, legit shot he wont hold up in left field for 2 months)
-maggilo ordonez and carlos guillen (washed up and washed up)

i love milton but i realize hes batshtein crazy and will scare people away. but seattle is horrible and will definitely look to deal him. he can handle LF. switch hitter. terrific OBP and solid power. if his body holds up into july and he hasnt killed anyone by then, he might be the guy.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillymic2000 on April 21, 2011, 12:51:40 AM
Washington is only 1.5 out so be scared!

they are fo rilla...not in terms of a championship contender or antyhing but they are a legit squad....i said they finish within 10 of the phils...it might actually be closer to five....riggleman is a sneaky good manager

Quote from: MDS on April 20, 2011, 11:26:39 PM
its not funny, its disgusting

everyone starts crying and feeling sorry for themselves because their favorite baseball might lose 3 games in a row. OH MY GOD THE WORLD IS ENDING. A 3 GAME LOSING STREAK IN APRIL! OMG OMG LOL

they could win 3000 games in a row then on the 3001st night youd get people getting sand in their slits because shane victorino flailed at a curveball. then havas will wattle in and suck jason haywards cock for 30 minutes. fag.

and oh by the way they are in 1st place and the braves are 3.5 games out...4 once they lose tonight. real farging scary.

lol @ massive feelings being caught...i never really thought no matter how good they would get that phillie fans would actually turn into red sox nation
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on April 20, 2011, 11:26:39 PM
then havas will wattle in and suck jason haywards cock for 30 minutes. fag.

As horrible as it is when Todd suckles from Havas' teet, it's equally hilarious to me when Todd goes off on him. 

PS....I think the word you were looking for is waddle.  Wattle is what Jay Cutler has under his chin. 

Quote from: MDS on April 21, 2011, 01:27:45 AM
alright i know its early but i just listened to bustler olney on simmons podcast and he said monty isnt going to stand around with this terrible offense, even if utley gets back. so it got me thinking about trade possibilities.

i came up with
-milton bradley (fa after this year, crazy, might be washed up)
-carlos quinten (mediocre average, solid obp, 20 home run power, arbitration eligible next year then a fa)
-vlad guerrero (fa after next year, 0 games in OF this year, 17 last year, legit shot he wont hold up in left field for 2 months)
-maggilo ordonez and carlos guillen (washed up and washed up)

i love milton but i realize hes batshtein crazy and will scare people away. but seattle is horrible and will definitely look to deal him. he can handle LF. switch hitter. terrific OBP and solid power. if his body holds up into july and he hasnt killed anyone by then, he might be the guy.

Is that it?  Is that the list?  None of those guys excite me at all.  In fact, Bradley is the only one who I see being a legit improvement, but he's farging insane in the membrane. 

MDS

theres also carlos lee, who will surely be on the block. maybe either and kemp if LA implodes and selig gets the balls to absolutely gut that team.

otherwise the pickings are slim for veteran right handed power bats  with 1-2 years left on their deals who can play either corner outfield position and are on teams that might be sellers at the deadline.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2011, 07:36:43 AMlol @ massive feelings being caught...i never really thought no matter how good they would get that phillie fans would actually turn into red sox nation

maybe it was the long ass day at the office talking but its farging april and the sky is falling routine is a little pathetic for a team thats doing just fine. i dont even give a shtein if they were 6-10 right now its god damn april, their division sucks and theyve won 4 straight nl easts. farging calm the farg down and get ready for the real season in october when this shtein gets real.

ice grillin you

MDS

i get irritated when grown men act like spoiled children who are told they cant have cookies and whine to mommy and daddy about it. youll get your cookies, fatties. just be patient.

ice grillin you

times that by one million and thats how mad i get at this new generation of phillies fans you are a part of

phillymic2000

yeah back when i was a youngster, the only time the vet was packed was for july 4th fireworks. And i remember those fag Met fans bunching up in the right field upper deck. I still remember the Mets game where Dickie Thon had a game winning hit, can't remember if it was a homer or not. The place went nuts. I miss the Vet.

charlie

I miss going to a stadium that was barely 1/4 full & where you sat about 250 feet from foul territory too.