Davion Taylor, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by SD, April 24, 2020, 11:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Athletic OLB could be safety hybrid. Seems like he fits what they're looking for. Probably my favorite pick so far and I just heard of him a few minutes ago

General_Failure

I'm not sure converting him into a kicker is going to work out, but let's see where it goes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Taylor is a hybrid linebacker/safety with less-than-ideal size, very good top-end speed and below-average length for a linebacker. He has the burst and athletic ability to compete in man coverage. He wraps on contact and flashes very good stopping power. He doesn't cover as much ground as timed speed suggests, but he has the potential to develop into a sideline-to-sideline player.

Golf clap.

He's 6-1 228

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

NC_Eagle

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 24, 2020, 11:58:52 PM
Taylor is a hybrid linebacker/safety with less-than-ideal size, very good top-end speed and below-average length for a linebacker. He has the burst and athletic ability to compete in man coverage. He wraps on contact and flashes very good stopping power. He doesn't cover as much ground as timed speed suggests, but he has the potential to develop into a sideline-to-sideline player.

Golf clap.

He's 6-1 228

Less than ideal size? Crazy how player sizes have ballooned up, Mike Singletary was 5'11"/230. Harry Carson 6'3"/237. Andre Tippett 6'3"/231.

These days strong side LBs can run 250-260, would have been an adequate sized OL back in the 60s-70s.

Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 25, 2020, 12:10:48 AM
who the farg cares

This should make you feel better
QuotePhiladelphia Eagles: Davion Tayor, LB, Colorado - D Grade
Did the Eagles not think Jacob Eason was available? Davion Taylor is a tremendous athlete, but he's extremely raw as a player. He may have to be relegated to special teams until his second or third season - not exactly what you want from a third-round prospect. I had Taylor in the sixth or seventh frame in most of my mock draft updates, so this is another poor pick.

Rome

So they picked a kid who didn't play high school football due to religious reasons?

Are we being punked right now?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on April 25, 2020, 07:32:51 AM
So they picked a kid who didn't play high school football due to religious reasons?

Wat?!

Rome

General_Failure

Howie's gone all in on there being no season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 25, 2020, 08:04:43 AM
Quote from: Rome on April 25, 2020, 07:32:51 AM

Wat?!

hes a 7th day Adventist...its an pretty insane cult of jesus freaks that observe their sabbath when the jews do. friday night to saturday night. so he could never really get into a high school game. there were a few in my part of texas, none that i knew of who played football. other sports yes.

i wonder what happens if they have a saturday afternoon game, which is a possibility. does this dude just not play? but he had to def. play on saturday in college.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

little known fact but humans in the United States become legal adults at 18 and can then do anything they want.

PhillyPhreak54

Ah I didn't realize he was 7th Day. There's a church by me and it's jam packed every Saturday.

Don Ho

I've watched a lot of Colorado football as I have mentioned before, numerous family members have attended CU so I am forced to watch.  Taylor is so much better than Grugier-Hill, yes that's not saying much but Taylor will excel on ST's and he will compete for playing time.  KGH started, special team standout and was a captain. Taylor is so much better.  4.37 40!  One of the top 3 outside linebackers in JUCO.  Played the "Buff" position at CU which is basically the hybrid LB/S in the 3-4 they ran.  Knock on him is the whole "project" thing but so what.  This is going to be a great pick.  Trust your Uncle Don!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous