2013 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Started by ice grillin you, June 26, 2013, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

punter failing a conditioning test is pretty cute

ice grillin you

you can tell there arent many players in camp right now.....i think every single beat writer in the delaware valley wrote a michael barmino story today
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

duce staley doesnt have a player coach, but he does a buffet to eat
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

That the most incoherent post ever posted this board besides manneans
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

MDS

they did one hour of individual instruction today

fun and newsworthy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

rg3 will more than likely not play in the preseason....looking better and better for him not to play in week one

MDS

maybe he comes back too early for that game and some hero steps up and ends his career?

ice grillin you

id rather have that of course....but i could never get that lucky....if he plays he will go off

MDS

i dont think he can go off that soon...him gimpy or even apprehensive is probably enough to beat this pos team

Chameleon

This isn't baseball. We don't know what we have yet. The presumption that this team is going to suck is equally as irrational as the positive preseason expectations of the past 2 years. This team still has tons of talent on offense. If the offensive line congeals the birds could easily compete for the division.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 23, 2013, 09:27:55 PM
i dont think he can go off that soon

sit on my knee and let me tell you a lil something about philadelphia sports

ice grillin you

Quote from: Chameleon on July 24, 2013, 01:03:20 AM
This isn't baseball. We don't know what we have yet. The presumption that this team is going to suck is equally as irrational as the positive preseason expectations of the past 2 years. This team still has tons of talent on offense. If the offensive line congeals the birds could easily compete for the division.

i understand your optimism...most fans overrate their team in training camp...but the eagles could have the hogs in their prime as their offensive line and it wouldnt matter because they dont have a qb that will allow them to compete for the division (nor the defense which is a complete train wreck)

one of these things is not like the others.....

manning
griffin
romo
fickley

QB Eagles

The Eagles are a bad football team at the very beginning of a full rebuild, and they have no QB. I think it has the potential to be an enjoyable season for the fans because there are so many new pieces and some of the new pieces are likely to show enough to make us excited for the future. Who exactly is going to step up, it's going to take the season to reveal.

If you're coming into the season with the expectation of competing for the division, you're setting yourself up to be let down. And this is the first season in a while that I can say it should be difficult to be let down by the team. It would take the free agents and draft picks all sucking, all the vets getting older and worse, and Chip and the new coaches all sucking too. If I'm not pining for Andy by December the season is a success.