2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on April 04, 2007, 08:44:27 AM
QuoteHi John,

Since the playoffs are almost upon us and the Flyers' season will be ending soon, I was wondering, who do you think should be the next captain? I don't see Forsberg coming back, so I'm thinking it might be Simon Gagne. He is a player that has proven he can be counted on, and he is going to be around for a while. But what do you think?

Go Flyers!
Dan Hartman
Hamburg, Pa.

Daniel Briere. Chris Drury.

Much better.

No.

rjs246

Drury is a leader who does all of the little things right to help his team. I have this terrible feeling that Briere won't be half the player he is without a stellar supporting cast like the one he has in Buffalo.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I'm not saying Drury would be a bad pickup but if you simply look at statistics, then Briere is the guy to have.

If you ignore the statistics, you have to look at the intangibles that Briere would bring.  He's the unquestioned leader of the Sabres, he's the Captain of that squad and considering the type of young players the Flyers have or will have next year, they'll be in dire need of someone like him to follow.

I like Drury quite a bit but Briere would be a perfect fit in Philly.

Here's a nice article that describes how Briere is perceived in Buffalo by his teammates:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=278965

(Note - this was written two years ago when Briere was first named captain.)

Wingspan

I liked Fight Club...I never liked the Matrix all that much though.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Quote from: Wingspan on April 04, 2007, 09:24:53 AM
I liked Fight Club...I never liked the Matrix all that much though.

Alrighty then. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Tyler Durden plays for the Flyers.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

you have to look at the intangibles that Briere would bring.  He's the unquestioned leader of the Sabres, he's the Captain of that squad

id take either one but drury is the unquestioned leader of the sabres and is much more valuable to the team....briere is more talented tho

i think id take drury as he can teach the many young flyers how to play the game...hes the kind of guy you want a young team to grow up following

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Get Briere.

Drury is on his third team already...

ice grillin you

but briere will be on his third team if the flyers sign him?...and drury is on so many teams because other people always want him...briere was sent out of phoenix cause he sucked

im kinda with rjs on briere...he was alxender daigle before he got to buffalo...im worried that if he leaves that system with the perfectly fitted talent they have in it he will have a drop off

drury on the other hand has been the same player and unbelievably consistent since the day he entered the league...he is a complete player that can and will fit in any system perfectly

how about they get both?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

Get both...done.  And Kimmo Timonen or Sheldon Souray...

Seabiscuit36

Just get Drury and Gomez, or just get Gomez and a Dman and wait one year for Iginla to be available. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 04, 2007, 11:39:27 AM
Kimmo Timonen...

He'll be the first guy the Flyers target.  No way Nashville matches either.

As for the Drury vs. Briere debate, I'd be more than happy to have both in orange and black, but if a choice had to be made, I'd take Briere.  For those of you who've suggested that the cast of players surrounding him makes him better, consider this: maybe he's the one making them better?

Judging from what the Sabres fans I know have said to me losing either one of them would be a crushing blow.  Losing both would be disasterous so figure on at least one of them sticking in Buffalo.