2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 07, 2007, 08:47:24 AM
so are we all happy with biron now...cause when the trade was made a bunch of you (dont remember who exactly) werent too thrilled

If the Flyers don't sign him long term, I'm still kinda pissed about wasting the pick.

SD_Eagle5

It was a second, but our pick will be one of the first picks in that round, so its like a late first. The NHL draft is more of a crapshoot than any of the other 3 professional leagues, and considering we have Nashville's 1st, that second became expendable. I have no gripes with the Biron trade unless he isn't re-signed.

ice grillin you

Plus, if you've watched the games that he's been in, he has allowed the team to just go out and shoot the puck and not worry about the goalie so much.  

exactly

and he hasnt lost any games and in fact has come up huge when most needed

hes played three games all of which went to OT and hes given up a total of two third period/OT goals

If the Flyers don't sign him long term, I'm still kinda pissed about wasting the pick

im with you on this....i dont see any way they dont sign him tho
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on March 07, 2007, 08:46:38 AM
it was a great save, but overall, he was pretty shaky last night.

Nitty or Esche would not have made that save, Mo.  Sure, he was shaky and he's given up quite a few goals so far but I think a lot of them are the direct result of the defense not playing very well in front of him.  When the team in front of him gets better, he'll get better and vice versa.

He is an elite goalie, though, as demonstrated by his time in Buffalo.  Miller is simply "more" elite but that doesn't take away from Biron's excellence.

They simply have to sign him now.

QuoteBiron says he wants to stay and is already talking to a former Buffalo roommate, Danny Briere,about signing with the Flyers this summer.

^^^ Also loving this... ^^^

Seabiscuit36

Biron was just a guy who got lost in the shuffle, he was stuck behind Hasek for years, then they picked miller early and he was a stud in college, and they made the decision that he was the guy.  Its something the flyers should have done with Nitty imo from the start. 

Just as IGY and Rome said, Biron has come up big in  big situations where the other 2 have failed over and over. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on March 07, 2007, 08:44:19 AMUpshall had a great interview, Geo you probably saw it too.  He said that he's so happy to be here.  Even though going from the Best team in the league to the worst, its been a life changing experience and a great one.  He loves the direction that the team is heading.  

He was on WIP this morning and was saying the same things.  He also told them about how he found out about the trade (from his teammates at dinner and his friends on missed cell messages, not from his agent), how he ended up with the Forsberg autographed helmet (Forsberg accidentally signed it in the locker room when getting ready to leave, thinking it was for a piece of Flyers memorabilia) and how Nashville is just now figuring out what hockey is...

MDS

you should all die for watching hockey when this team is 30 points out of the 8 seed.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

youre just mad corky because you cant participate in the discussion...

but i tell you what get a hockey news subscription study up over the summer and maybe you can join us in the 07-08 flyers thread
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: MDS on March 07, 2007, 12:46:37 PM
you should all die for watching hockey when this team is 30 points out of the 8 seed.

Yeah, we get it... you're a front-runner who only watches teams when they're winning.

Ass.

NGM

Quote from: SunMo on March 07, 2007, 08:46:38 AM
it was a great save, but overall, he was pretty shaky last night.

I completely agree with you, but shut up.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on March 07, 2007, 12:51:57 PM
Quote from: MDS on March 07, 2007, 12:46:37 PM

Yeah, we get it... you're a front-runner who only watches teams when they're winning.

Ass.

to be fair, i dont watch the nhl at all. 99% of the country is with me on that one.

get ready for the playoffs on versus, if you have the channel and can find it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

I'm actually having fun following this last place team. No chance of my guts getting ripped out, unlike certain other teams that I follow...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

NGM

Quote from: rjs246 on March 07, 2007, 01:22:10 PM
I'm actually having fun following this last place team. No chance of my guts getting ripped out, unlike certain other teams that I follow...

Couldn't agree with you more.  I think it has a lot to do with the direction the FO has taken (at least for me).
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

BigEd76

yeah, same with the Sixers, but I don't like staying in the lottery for more than a year.  Hopefully things are a lot better next season...

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2006, 09:40:31 PMthe hope here is that forsberg gets injured earlier than normal this season so they can get the #1 overall pick

good call