2006-07 Flyers Season Thread

Started by BigEd76, October 05, 2006, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

After 7 games, Robitaille and Ruzicka are tied for the team lead in +/- with 0  :-D

(Hatcher is at -10)

Seabiscuit36

Hatcher is on pace for - 117 and is last in the league in plus/minus

Go ahead IGY kill me for thinking Hatcher would be better this year. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 20, 2006, 01:12:20 PM
After 7 games, Robitaille and Ruzicka are tied for the team lead in +/- with 0  :-D

(Hatcher is at -10)

Hatcher is the worst F/A signing in Flyers history, even worse than Gratton.

BigEd76

I dunno....Gratton cost us 4 #1 picks to sign.  Lucky for us, Tampa Bay agreed to take Renberg and Dykhuis instead...

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 20, 2006, 01:16:35 PM
I dunno....Gratton cost us 4 #1 picks to sign.  Lucky for us, Tampa Bay agreed to take Renberg and Dykhuis instead...

Gratton was FAR worse.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 20, 2006, 01:18:44 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on October 20, 2006, 01:16:35 PM

Gratton was FAR worse.

I disagree, at least he scored an occassional goal. What does Hatcher do besides get the occassional decent hit. He's slower than slow and basically useless.

ice grillin you

the gratton deal was actually a steal for the flyers

flyers signed gratton but instead of giving up the five #1's to tb they instead threw in dykhuis and renberg and ALSO got back from tampa three #1's who turned out to be gangne justin williams and maxim ouellet...it was actually one of the better manuevers clark ever made

whats even funnier is they traded gratton back to tampa for renberg AND daymond langkow
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Then there was that Oates trade, big deals for Rathje, Richardson, and whatever other immobile crap he decided to sign, no #1 goalie, unlimited payroll for 10 years, no Cup...why is Clarke still here again?

PhillyGirl

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/15822723.htm

QuoteFlyers fire Hitchcock; Clarke resigns
By Tim Panaccio
INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

An era of Philadelphia Flyers hockey has ended.

Flyers general manager Bob Clarke has resigned and coach Ken Hitchcock has been fired.

The club will announce both moves at a 10 a.m. news conference at the Wachovia Center.

Hitchcock had been starting his fourth season and was given a two-year contract extension in training camp while Clarke had been the team's GM for 19 seasons.

The Flyers are 1-6-1, their worst start since 1989-90, the first time the Flyers had fired Clarke. He rejoined the team in June, 1994.

It is believed the club asked for Clarke's resignation Friday night. Earlier Friday, Clarke said he took responsibility for how poorly the club had began this season.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Wow, I didn't think Snider had the balls to pull something like that off. Glad Clarke's finally gone but who replaces Hitch?

PhillyGirl

I am hearing Mike Keenan rumors..... :paranoid

SD_Eagle5

rjs246

Keenan is fine for a team that clearly needs to rebuild. He can take his lumps for a while while the team gets itself up to par with the rest of the league and then they can hire a real coach.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

I didn't think Snider has the sack to get tough with his boy Clarkie.

Good. Hate to see Hitch go but he lost that team.

Who replaces Clarkie? Holmgren?