2006 Philles Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 02, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Rockies down a run, 2-3-4 inclides Helton against Hoffman. Make youselfs useful for a change, Colorado.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Padres win. 2 games back. Alright.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mpmcgraw on September 06, 2006, 12:06:40 AM
Mathieson is our best pitching prospect, this not good.

If Mathieson is seriously the best pitching prospect, this team is seriously farged for a long time to come.

BigEd76

If Gavin Floyd is no longer considered a prospect, then they still have Gio Gonzalez, Carlos Carrasco, J.A. Happ, Zack Segovia and Kyle Drabek...

BTW, Scranton/WB and Lakewood are in the playoffs, which start tonight...

Seabiscuit36

They actually have some really good young arms in the minors.  Ed has Drabeck done anything good of note yet?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 06, 2006, 10:35:15 AM
They actually have some really good young arms in the minors.  Ed has Drabeck done anything good of note yet?

I thought he was going to college first.

BigEd76

He got hit around in the GCL but it's probably because he's worn out from winning a state title and pitching/playing a lot in high school this spring.  It'll be interesting to see what they do with him next year.  Will they start him in Lakewood then move him back down to Batavia in June, or will they fast track him?

mpmcgraw

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 06, 2006, 07:43:27 AM
Quote from: mpmcgraw on September 06, 2006, 12:06:40 AM
Mathieson is our best pitching prospect, this not good.

If Mathieson is seriously the best pitching prospect, this team is seriously farged for a long time to come.
Not at all, you just dont know anything about the minors, but that's ok bumpkin.   

PoopyfaceMcGee

Call me derogatory "pet" names all you want, but Bruno Mathieson sucks.

MURP

fansince61

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MURP on September 06, 2006, 03:13:22 PM
article about Ryan Howard breaking the HR record

I couldn't agree more, and not just because I'm a biased homer. If Howard breaks 61 in my mind he'll be the all-time single season HR leader. Keep the other HR records in the books because steroids or not hitting that many HR's is an amazing feat, but put an asterick or something to signify the use of illegal performance enhancing drugs.

rjs246

How do we know that Howard hasn't been juicing? I would submit that we don't.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 06, 2006, 03:05:22 PM
Call me derogatory "pet" names all you want, but Bruno Mathieson sucks.
You bet I will call you pet names all I want, buttercups.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: rjs246 on September 06, 2006, 03:48:29 PM
How do we know that Howard hasn't been juicing? I would submit that we don't.
Shut up.