2006 Philles Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 02, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 18, 2006, 11:57:41 PM
Bowa interview on NBC10:

-- the continued struggles over the last 2 years show "it's not the manager"

Ding. Ding.

Like I said earlier in this post, firing Charlie does nothing but appease the people who hate on him. Until Monty is gone and/or the owners sell AND they get rid of some of the crap, they will be exactly like this....inconsistently frustrating.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on June 19, 2006, 12:43:00 AM
Anyone see Ryan Howard drop another ball at first today? And people complain about Bobby Abreu...

Yes.

His defense is bad. His range is also bad.

He needs to work at it big time.

And have fun at Jubilee. Congrats on being in college and still going to some kiddie summer camp. I hope you have fun making S'mores, singing camp songs and taking swimming lessons.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

they are saying on wip that had the phils lost yesterday manuel would have been fired and replaced by dallas green for the rest of the season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i don't believe that...because when you lose 5 of 6 at home the one win shouldn't save your job.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

as far as the big picture i agree...but having "phils swept at home by rays" all over town might have gotten it done

SunMo

yeah...i agree.  i'm convinced that Gillick knows this year is over and why bother making a change.  it's all about next year anyway.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

hunt

if you want your hillbilly manager fired, you'll be happy when my yanks take 2 out of 3 in philly.  :yay
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

reese125

Pat Gillick cites inconsistency as a reason why the Phills have been struggling of late. (Philadelphia Phillies)
More Coverage

Yeah, no $htein master of the obvious...and stop smiling

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: hunt on June 19, 2006, 09:05:04 AM
if you want your hillbilly manager fired, you'll be happy when my yanks take 2 out of 3 in philly.  :yay

2 of 3 is a given.  If you want to talk trash, you should be referring to brooms and such.

ice grillin you

yeah really if the yankees dont sweep the series is a failure...for god sakes the devil rays just took two of three...and the yanks have the top of their rotation going in the series

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 19, 2006, 02:57:02 PM
yeah really if the yankees dont sweep the series is a failure...for god sakes the devil rays just took two of three...and the yanks have the top of their rotation going in the series

So do the Phillies:

BigEd76

Abreu and Howard both out of the lineup tonight.  Utley playing 1st  :-\

PhillyPhreak54

Yo, its not like the Phillies have never been swept by the D-Rays. They are something like 5-10 against them. I think they got swept down there two or three years ago.

I don't believe the WIP thing either. Although it would have been mighty intresting to see Dallas Green with this team. I can already hear the crying.

I almost wish it would've happened though. That way when I do listen to the radio, which is rare now, I can stop hearing "They need a tough manager like Dallas Green. He won it all in 1980. So obviously he can win it 26 years later!"