2006 Philles Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 02, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

i love reading this thread after a game has occured.  the range of emotions are funny, after the fact.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Fasano should be hanged, drawn and quartered for dropping that popup.

but...but....hes better than lieberthal and should be starting EVERY game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2006, 08:09:12 AM

he's a better catcher, that play aside.

but Lieberthal's offense is clearly superieor right now, that creates a dilemma.

ice grillin you

sal fasano probably should have been out of baseball a long time ago...lieberthal while grossly overpaid is a decent all around mlb catcher...they arent even on the same planet as far as baseball players

SunMo

you don't need athletic ability to be a great catcher, you have to have an understanding of what it takes to get guys out, how to handle pitchers.  mike lieberthal will never have that.  Sal Fasano has that.  so when you have Lieberthal in the game, you will lose something on the mound, and when you have Fasano in, you will lose something in the lineup.  it depends what you value more.

Wingspan

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 20, 2006, 08:11:26 AM

no, he really isnt....
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

Quote from: Wingspan on April 20, 2006, 08:17:52 AM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 20, 2006, 08:11:26 AM

no, he really isnt....

yes, he really is.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

i love how someone woke up one day and decided that sal fasano is some master at handling pitchers...how does anyone know this...the guys barely played in his whole career...the only reason phils fans say this is because leiberthal is bad at it therefore fasano must be great at it...no phillie fan had ever heard of sal fasano until the day they signed him...now they are sure hes much better at handling pitchers than lieberthal...

frankly the whole handling of pitchers thing is half a joke anyway...its so overrated and only applies to maybe 5% of the pitchers in the league...either a pitcher is good or he isnt...it has very little to do with how many times a game a catcher goes to mound and caresses the pitchers scrotum and tells him everything will be alright

its another part of the seamhead conspiracy where they try to make people believe baseball is much deeper than it really is....the 'emerald chessboard' and all that garbage

SunMo

it has nothing to do with being told anything about Sal Fasano.  i could tell the 1st farging time i saw him that he is 10x a better catcher than Lieberthal.

handling pitchers is not a joke.  a pitcher is on the mound all alone, it's the 5% that you talk about that don't need the help of good catcher, Clemens types.  all other pitchers are guys who need to rely on confidence as much as ability, and a good catcher can build confidence and a bad one can hurt it.

i've caught since i was 11, continued to this day.  i'll forget more about catching when i have a stoke than you'll ever understand.

ice grillin you

a pitcher is on the mound all alone

lol...ALL ALONE!!....what will he ever do out there...quick run out and whisper in his ear before he breaks down...they should just create a new coaching position...the "mound coach"...similar to the third base coach but he stays on the mound at all times so that the pitchers are never alone

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2006, 08:46:38 AM
a pitcher is on the mound all alone

lol...ALL ALONE!!....what will he ever do out there...quick run out and whisper in his ear before he breaks down...they should just create a new coaching position...the "mound coach"...similar to the third base coach but he stays on the mound at all times so that the pitchers are never alone

for somebody who watches baseball, you sure lack an understanding of it.

SunMo

ice grillin you

i understand it fine i just dont overanalyize it

know your scouting report and make the pitches that are called...period....

you dont need someone rubbing your tummy everytime you mess up...just make a better pitch

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 20, 2006, 08:54:38 AM
i understand it fine i just dont overanalyize it

know your scouting report and make the pitches that are called...period....

you dont need someone rubbing your tummy everytime you mess up...just make a better pitch

but it's not that easy.  if it was about making your pitch, Gavin Floyd would be a 25 game winner with his stuff.  but the mental part of pitching is so huge, it's not to be taken lightly.