2006 Philles Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 02, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philly_Crew

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 16, 2006, 08:46:19 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 16, 2006, 04:07:00 AM

Oh well. Brett Myers mows 'em down today anyways and we take 2/3.

He did and they did.

Now the creampuff Nats and Fish come in. MUST win 4/6. MUST.

Must win 4/6 in April?  Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm.

Wingspan

Quote from: Philly_Crew on April 17, 2006, 11:51:12 AM

He did and they did.

if it is the goal to compete (legitimately) in septebmer and godforbid october...it's essential to come out of april above .500

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Wingspan on April 17, 2006, 11:59:17 AM

He did and they did.

if it is the goal to compete (legitimately) in septebmer and godforbid october...it's essential to come out of april above .500

I'm fairly certain the Astros had a pretty good year last year after a start far worse than this.  While I agree that it is important to take at least 4 of the next 6 games, nothing at this moment qualifies as a 'must' win.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 17, 2006, 06:21:08 PM

He did and they did.

I'm fairly certain the Astros had a pretty good year last year after a start far worse than this.  While I agree that it is important to take at least 4 of the next 6 games, nothing at this moment qualifies as a 'must' win.

You don't understand.  Phreak has kidnapped Pat Gillick's children, and has threatened to leave them in the clutches of Sarge and Hbionic unless the Phils win at least four of their next six games.

They MUST WIN.  Or else.

Feva

I think what Phreak is getting at is that the Nats and Marlins figure to be two of the bottom feeders of the league this year.  It ain't about keeping pace with anyone... or getting out of a hole.  It's about using these two as a measuring stick as to how the Phillies stack up.

If they lose 2 out of 3 to both... that would be worrysome.  If they take 4/5 out of 6, then you feel better about where the team is.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MDS

It's TCOB. They best do it when bad teams come into the Cit. Playoff teams do.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 17, 2006, 06:21:08 PM

He did and they did.

if the phils pitchers could even sniff the shoelaces of the astros pitchers...i would agree.

but the phils will struggle because of pitching and relying on the HR too much, and that makes ever series important, even in april
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

LBIggle

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 17, 2006, 05:36:52 PM
Jimmy Rollins hit streak actually still going strong!

too bad consistency is the name of the game.  hopefully he keeps it up, he actually looks like a lead off hitter this year.

reese125

Rollins swing is looking special this year.....I think this will be a career yr for him

stalker

Quote from: reese125 on April 17, 2006, 10:50:18 PM
Rollins swing is looking special this year.....I think this will be a career yr for him

If he keeps it up and hits .350 this year, is there a better all around SS in the league?
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: EagleFeva on April 17, 2006, 07:12:23 PM
I think what Phreak is getting at is that the Nats and Marlins figure to be two of the bottom feeders of the league this year.  It ain't about keeping pace with anyone... or getting out of a hole.  It's about using these two as a measuring stick as to how the Phillies stack up.

If they lose 2 out of 3 to both... that would be worrysome.  If they take 4/5 out of 6, then you feel better about where the team is.

Thanks, you got what I was saying.

The Phils have to clean up on these fools. Matter of fact, they have to clean up for the next 15 games.

PhillyPhreak54

Bill Dancy strikes again in 2006.

He sends JRoll on a Rowand double to LF.

I can only assume that he wanted to test Soriano's arm.

But still..YOU DO NOT MAKE THE 1st OUT AT 3rd or HOME!

Bill Dancy = garbage.

PhillyPhreak54

And instead of a potential big inning, they get nothing.

They would've had Rollins on 3rd and Rowand on 2nd with 0 outs.

Great job, Dancy, you farg.

MDS

Dynamite, just dynamite.

Then Daryl Ward (wtf hes hitting cleanup?) hits a homer.

farg@!!!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.