2006 Philles Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 02, 2006, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

Quote from: reese125 on April 06, 2006, 06:13:57 PM
Im amazed that these scrubs cant get a F-in single to give J-RO a smidgin of a chance...unreal

he had 4 at bats.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

reese125

yeah I know, he had the chances. Just frustrated that when it comes down to clutch time, we cant get quality hits to get anybody on base to score--and at least get him another at bat....welcome to the Phillies...I know.

Wingspan

the hitting will work itself out.

unfortunately, the pitching blows from top to bottom.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

Well now that the streak is over, is there any other reason to keep following this team? 

SunMo

in more genius moves from Uncie Cholly, taking out Rowand (best CF) in a double switch, putting Abreu (no range in RF, let alone CF) in CF and putting Dellucci (a LF) in RF
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

So? It was either take out Rowand (2nd) or Burrell (5th) so Dellucci could stay in the 9 hole and bat in the 9th inning. You leave Dellucci in so if the 9 hole gets uphis LH bat is in there to face Isringhausen.

What a zesty season opening series.

That's OK though. We've got the Dodgers limping into town. They have mad injuries.

Wingspan

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 06, 2006, 08:08:20 PM
in more genius moves from Uncie Cholly, taking out Rowand (best CF) in a double switch, putting Abreu (no range in RF, let alone CF) in CF and putting Dellucci (a LF) in RF

that was in the bottom of the 8th, and they needed offense. rowand made the last out in the 7th.

you can't take out burrell there (batting 3rd in the inning). the 3rd spot never came up to bat again. you already PH your best utility infielder so bell was not an option

it wasnt the wrong move.
Connection Problems

SunMo

anytime you take your best CF out and replace him with a defensive liability, it's the wrong move.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 06, 2006, 08:12:49 PM
That's OK though. We've got the Dodgers limping into town. They have mad injuries.

I agree.  The Phils are definitely due to win one game of this upcoming series.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

somebody needs to cut Charlie's throat in a back allley for the way he sets up the batting order.

ice grillin you

whats funny is how all the phillies players and coaches said that getting off to a good start was critical...now they are all saying its just three games into what is a long season

clowns
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

the only good excuse is the fact that they did play the Cardinals, but to lose an opening home series like that (what, like the first time in 20+ years they got swept) is a disgrace. You at least win one of those games. BUT... if UpChuck Charlie isnt going to put them in a decent position, expecially down the stretch....we will be bitching all year long for his head....disgusting.

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 07, 2006, 09:01:05 AM
whats funny is how all the phillies players and coaches said that getting off to a good start was critical...now they are all saying its just three games into what is a long season

clowns

but what do you expect them to say?  we're farged?

and 3 games does not a slow start make.