Rest Of Baseball - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 13, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Tom McCarthy's son just signed with the Braves.

SD

Mookie Betts and David Price traded to the Dodgers

PhillyPhreak54

Maybe mds' Moneyball boy will sign a veteran middle infielder or washed up reliever tomorrow to answer the Dodgers.

MDS

i dont know how to break the news to you but the phillies are more than a mike trout away from the dodgers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

probably should make sure you finish ahead of the mets before coming for the dodgers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Or they could work to get some of these good players who are available so they can finish higher in the standings? Just a thought. Crazy right?

BTW why were the Sox so eager to dump Mookie? Makes no sense.

ice grillin you

same reason the Phillies won't get any players....they want to be below the luxury tax

both teams are fine right now with 80-85 wins...the difference is Boston has more titles in the last 15 years than the Phillies do in the last 140 and will probably be contending again in a couple years where as the Phillies will be mediocre to bad for the next 20...also people will still go to Red Sock games

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 04, 2020, 10:19:35 PM
Maybe mds' Moneyball boy will sign a veteran middle infielder or washed up reliever tomorrow to answer the Dodgers.

Two relievers today!

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2020, 11:59:02 AM
same reason the Phillies won't get any players....they want to be below the luxury tax

both teams are fine right now with 80-85 wins...the difference is Boston has more titles in the last 15 years than the Phillies do in the last 140 and will probably be contending again in a couple years where as the Phillies will be mediocre to bad for the next 20...also people will still go to Red Sock games

1980, 2008, we're almost half way there!!!

BoSox just raised ticket prices and they'll still pack Fenway.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

When I was in my early 20's I dated a girl from New Britain, CT.  We were in Boston one weekend and we ended up going to a Red Sox game at Fenway.  It was a filthy, half-full, run-down shteinhole back then. 

Now it's a sold-out "cathedral" of baseball 35 years later.

Funny what having a billionaire owner who spends to win big will do for you. 

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2020, 11:59:02 AM

this is some emo shtein
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on February 05, 2020, 08:37:53 PM
When I was in my early 20's I dated a girl from New Britain, CT.  We were in Boston one weekend and we ended up going to a Red Sox game at Fenway.  It was a filthy, half-full, run-down shteinhole back then. 

Now it's a sold-out "cathedral" of baseball 35 years later.

Funny what having a billionaire owner who spends to win big will do for you.

I went to quite a few games at Fenway from 82-86 when I was at University of NH.  We'd get in for $5. It was exactly that, a massive shteinhole.  I remember going for the first time and walking up to the park from Yawkey (Racist) Way thinking "What's the big farging deal, this looks like a dump!" but once in the park I did feel the history and nostalgia but it really was no big thing.  It was defiantly an old, beat up POS.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Looking back it reminded me of an old busted up warehouse in a zesty neighborhood.  It was really bad back then.  I'm sure it's delightful now. 

ice grillin you

its still an absolute shteinhole...the degrees to which fenway is better are incalculable

ice grillin you

seen a lot of amazing sports numbers but I don't think any more mind blowing than this one to the point that I really don't believe it

babe ruth could come back to baseball go 0 for 1,146 and he would still have a higher career slugging percentage than barry bonds