Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Diomedes on June 05, 2007, 01:11:50 PM
the murder rate for blacks is unreal.

i read the City Paper's weekly listing of Mob Town murders, and almost all of them are blacks killing each other
The CIA has finally succeeded
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Six-packs rule

Last month, a state Senate committee OK'd an amendment to permit six-pack and 12-pack sales at distributors. It's moving slowly, but if legislators sign off on it, the bill could be on the governor's desk in the fall.

On its face, this is a no-brainer. Why are consumers forced to purchase a full case of 24 bottles at a time? With the price of specialty cases now over $30, it's pure idiocy.

Or is it?

There's a worry among many in the craft beer industry that selling six-packs at distributors is a step toward beer sales in grocery stores. And with shelf space at the Acme generally limited to national brands, they fear consumers will say goodbye to microbrews.

I'm not buying that argument.

First, microbrews have already thrived nationwide in spite of many rules (and a competitive marketplace) that favor the big guys. Second, six-packs encourage consumers to sample a greater variety of esoteric brands. Finally, six-pack sales at distributors will lead to lower prices.

Show me the loser here.

OK, there are the delis and taverns, which hold licenses to sell six-packs. The new rule puts them at a competitive disadvantage, because they pay retail prices for their stock. That's easy enough to fix: Allow taverns and delis to purchase beer at wholesale prices.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Father Demon

In the St. Louis area, beer if for sale at grocery stores, gas stations, and a few "Beer & Cigarette" stores.  Bottom line, you are really never more than 1/2 a mile from beer (except before 10:00 AM on Sunday - no sales allowed).  You can't buy a case anywhere except the largest grocery stores, it's all 6ers, 12's, and big bottles/cans (24 ounce, 32-ounce, 40-ounce).  Often, you can get sampler packs from the same brewer with different flavors in each.

Without a doubt, A-B holds the most shelf space in any retail place.  Hometown favorite and all.  But even with that, I have never had a problem getting macrobrews other than A-B, micros from around the country, and the more mainstream micros like New Belgium, Boulevard, etc.

Their argument is a bunch of BS. 
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Butchers Bill

Philly man gets gored during the running of the bulls.

***Warning...somewhat graphic***

Damn, that had to hurt
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Father Demon

Quote from: Butchers Bill on July 13, 2007, 11:27:55 AM
Philly man gets gored during the running of the bulls.

***Warning...somewhat graphic***

Damn, that had to hurt

GREAT picture!

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Father Demon on July 13, 2007, 09:32:21 AM
In the St. Louis area, beer if for sale at grocery stores, gas stations, and a few "Beer & Cigarette" stores.  Bottom line, you are really never more than 1/2 a mile from beer (except before 10:00 AM on Sunday - no sales allowed).  You can't buy a case anywhere except the largest grocery stores, it's all 6ers, 12's, and big bottles/cans (24 ounce, 32-ounce, 40-ounce).  Often, you can get sampler packs from the same brewer with different flavors in each.

Without a doubt, A-B holds the most shelf space in any retail place.  Hometown favorite and all.  But even with that, I have never had a problem getting macrobrews other than A-B, micros from around the country, and the more mainstream micros like New Belgium, Boulevard, etc.

Their argument is a bunch of BS. 

I love buying beer at grocery stores.  Love love love.

ice grillin you

looks like SAS might be on his way out at the inky

http://www.phawker.com/?p=5426

Seabiscuit36

Freaking sickeningI really hope they get these kids and show them the same treatment
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 25, 2007, 10:08:08 AM
Freaking sickeningI really hope they get these kids and show them the same treatment

Holy smoke.  What is the world possesses someone to do something like that?  Pure evil.

Chances are they'll never be caught.  If they are, hopefully it's more than "couldcarry jail time. "  They should be locked up for a long time.

methdeez

Yup, that's what disturbed kids need. Time in Jail.
I'm sure they will much less disturbed and ready for life after that.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: methdeez on August 25, 2007, 02:28:17 PM
Yup, that's what disturbed kids need. Time in Jail.
I'm sure they will much less disturbed and ready for life after that.

So what do you suggest, Dr. Phil?

My original thought was to shove a red hot tire iron up their anus, but I suppose the Constitution wouldn't allow that.

These "kids" (since the article didn't specify age) need to do time.  Depending on the age of the younger, some time in a full-time in-house counseling center could suffice along with a lengthy community service sentence (preferably in an animal shelter). 

For the older teens/young adults, I'm sorry, but this is beyond "they need to share their stories of abuse" psycho-babble.  They are guilty of a heinous crime, and need to be treated like it.

Father Demon

You went hook line and sinker on that one Geo.  I chose to ignore that one. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Father Demon on August 25, 2007, 11:47:11 PM
You went hook line and sinker on that one Geo.  I chose to ignore that one. 

Eh, I actually get this point-of-view a lot from people I work with. 

Two things that get me hot under the collar:  "Men" who hurt children and "men" who hurt animals (pets - not hunting).  By and large, they are the most defenseless victims.