Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

My sister is down the city today for her class and saw this beaut in Rittenhouse Sq

https://m.imgur.com/3O877J1

smeags

Krasner chopping heads.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

i was reading a story the other day on him and it said he is considering the idea of hamsterdams for heroin users
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

philly had an insane amount of ODs last year (and also murders) so im game for anything...something...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 05, 2018, 03:06:09 PM
i was reading a story the other day on him and it said he is considering the idea of hamsterdams for heroin users

They already exist. Cops don't bother them unless there's a reason too.

Quote from: MDS on January 05, 2018, 03:10:05 PM
philly had an insane amount of ODs last year (and also murders) so im game for anything...something...

The opioid epidemic is out of control. Lost way too many friends the past 7 years. Too many people I know are on and off and I just know it's a matter of time before they OD. They all go to rehab, and they all relapse. They found my buddy Dan's body in an alley in Kensington. He was always into weed, alcohol and blow, but he started dating a new girl who got him into heroin, two months later he was found dead of an overdose.

They raided these pain management centers all over the city. You just had to go in and say you were in pain and they'd prescribe you opioids. They had lines out the door.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on January 05, 2018, 03:52:26 PM

that happens in every city....these would be areas officially sanctioned by the city...cordoned off and possibly containing health care workers or volunteers that monitor it

SD

The heroin clinics would be run by non-profit organizations, the city would just leave them alone.

But hamsterdam was already a thing in Philly as far as comparing it the one set up in the Wire:

QuoteUntil it was cleared this summer, a notorious needle-filled encampment along Kensington's railroad tracks was "the closest thing [Philadelphia] had to a safe-injection site," Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Mike Newall reported. "Outreach workers supplied the users here with Narcan. They kept one another alive." Though 75 to 100 people congregated by the tracks on any given day, only 17 of the city's 907 fatal overdoses occurred there in 2016.

smeags

Quote from: AO1 on January 05, 2018, 03:52:26 PM

Quote from: MDS on January 05, 2018, 03:10:05 PM

The opioid epidemic is out of control. Lost way too many friends the past 7 years. Too many people I know are on and off and I just know it's a matter of time before they OD. They all go to rehab, and they all relapse. They found my buddy Dan's body in an alley in Kensington. He was always into weed, alcohol and blow, but he started dating a new girl who got him into heroin, two months later he was found dead of an overdose.

They raided these pain management centers all over the city. You just had to go in and say you were in pain and they'd prescribe you opioids. They had lines out the door.

I haven't had to deal with too many of people I grew up with, but I watching my son deal with it. hes lost too many friends to this over the last few years, some kids I coached in various sports and tried to help but couldn't reach. its depressing.

but hey, sessions says we must stop pot sales at all costs.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on January 05, 2018, 04:11:16 PM
The heroin clinics would be run by non-profit organizations, the city would just leave them alone.

But hamsterdam was already a thing in Philly as far as comparing it the one set up in the Wire:

QuoteUntil it was cleared this summer, a notorious needle-filled encampment along Kensington's railroad tracks was "the closest thing [Philadelphia] had to a safe-injection site," Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Mike Newall reported. "Outreach workers supplied the users here with Narcan. They kept one another alive." Though 75 to 100 people congregated by the tracks on any given day, only 17 of the city's 907 fatal overdoses occurred there in 2016.

thats still not sanctioned by the cities top lawyer....thats just cops looking the other way...been happening since the crack era in big cities

i have to imagine krasner would be the first ever DA to publicly admit to supporting support free drug zone areas and have the city actively support and cooperate with them

i personally dont think it will ever happen but its pretty amazing that this guy is willing to suggest it out loud

MDS

i just moved to point breeze so this is probably a good thing for me
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Their goal is to have non profit organizations set up clinics, provide safe havens for addicts and medical staff on hand. That's what they're doing in Canada and some places in Europe. To the surprise of no one the program has been extremely effective at getting people into rehab and preventing the spread of diseases. Some of the problems to consider are an addict drives to a clinic, shoots up, then hops back in their car. I don't know how'd they'd regulate that.

ice grillin you

today was the largest yay bust in the city in more than ten years

709 lbs

MDS

smeags

QuoteAmazon picks 20 finalists for its second headquarters

Amazon has released a "short" list of cities it's considering for its second headquarters.

But the list isn't exactly short. The 20 potential locations include Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Ohio, Dallas, Denver, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Miami, Montgomery County in Maryland, Nashville, Newark, New York City, Northern Virginia, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Toronto and Washington D.C.

Last year, Amazon received bids from 238 cities and regions from across 54 states, provinces, districts and territories across North America. The company said it would make a decision in 2018.

go city !

ice grillin you

i think austin ultimately gets it

id put philly at about 6th to 8th best out of that list