The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

We're probably looking at something like this if Bettman gets his way:

East = Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Ottawa, Toronto
South = Carolina, Columbus, Florida, Philly, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay, Washington
Midwest = Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis, Winnipeg
Pacific = Anaheim, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Jose, Vancouver

...and if he moves Detroit to make it 16/14, they'll go in the East and New Jersey will slide to the South (with Colorado taking the vacant spot in the Midwest)

MDS

Yea I'm sure splitting up the rangers and flyers will go over well
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Bettman mentioned "East" and "South", but "Northeast" and "Atlantic" makes more sense.  The only bad thing (?) is that it splits up the Flyers and Penguins again.

Northeast = Boston, Buffalo, Columbus, Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Toronto
Atlantic = Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Philly, Tampa Bay, Washington

SD

SunMo

Stamkos re-signed with Tampa for 5 years
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

for $37.5M  (cap hit of $7.5M/yr)

SD

Stamkos got raped in that deal

Rome

Depends on how you look at it.  Florida has no state income tax, so his take home will be significantly greater than whatever he would have made in a northeastern city or God forbid Canada.

Still, he probably could have gotten a max deal from someone or at least a longer deal with more dough.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That was the last hope to save the Flyers' offseason, right?

Rome

Mosy sez they ain't done so they ain't done, you basterd.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

SunMo

that, my friends, is called "ruining the moment"
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

ew wtf? Could they not have made it anything resembling the old ones? those are horrid.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen