Malcolm Jenkins, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Munson, March 11, 2014, 05:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Not a bad signing...

Just read that Jairus Byrd is on the way to NO to visit now

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 11, 2014, 05:26:45 PM
hes replacing nate allen not chung...chung only started like 9 games and wouldnt have had that many if the wolffman didnt get hurt

be interesting to see what they do with the other spot now

but yeah overall not a very overwhelming signing....but for only eight and  a half guaranteed its a really good value

This is good. Either they really need to upgrade at CB or get a very good rangy FS to compensate.

I know they say their safeties are interchangeable etc. but that wasn't the case last year at all, and they played a lot of single high on passing downs. Even on run downs they were usually staggered by 5 yards or more with Nate taking SS probably 90% of the snaps he played. That said I don't know they're making out better than bringing Allen back. He was pretty up and down but played better the second half of the year except for maybe the last 2 games.

SD

I wouldn't mind bringing Allen back, he was good last year, didn't get beat deep, and will probably sign for cheap since there are so many safeties on the market.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on March 11, 2014, 05:54:42 PM
hes replacing nate allen not chung...chung only started like 9 games and wouldnt have had that many if the wolffman didnt get hurt

but yeah overall not a very overwhelming signing....but for only eight and  a half guaranteed its a really good value

This is good. Either they really need to upgrade at CB or get a very good rangy FS to compensate.

the thing is he isnt a very good centerfielder....hes a much better corner than safety
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

chuck_chillout

I know they say their safeties are interchangeable etc. but that wasn't the case last year at all, and they played a lot of single high on passing downs. Even on run downs they were usually staggered by 5 yards or more with Nate taking SS probably 90% of the snaps he played. That said I don't know they're making out better than bringing Allen back. He was pretty up and down but played better the second half of the year except for maybe the last 2 games.

Yeah he will give them range, he played CB at Ohio State and was on the 4x4 relay team. He is just type of player they need. He did struggle his first few years in NO, but really picked it up the last couple years. 
Madden Football League

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 11, 2014, 06:01:45 PM

the thing is he isnt a very good centerfielder....hes a much better corner than safety
Really? I'd think it would be the opposite - that if he is a better corner than he'd be better as a FS centerfield than underneath. If that's true, it underscores a need for them to get a real upgrade at CB as a priority. Wouldn't mind getting Ware for a rushbacker and seeing if they can get one of the top 2 or 3 CBs in the draft. If Dennard should fall or they can get Gilbert they'd actually be in decent shape.

Rome

How the farg can NO fit Byrd into their cap?

SD

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I don't care if they signed Malcolm Forbes. Patrick Chung is gone!  Praise God!  Off season so far, A+.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

If Byrd signs with NO I'd think it's because he's not getting nearly the $9 million he was hoping for. Especially since he went in for a visit rather than just getting signed staying at home. With Kenny Vaccaro they don't really need to be spending huge sums on another safety anyway.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on March 11, 2014, 06:10:44 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 11, 2014, 06:01:45 PM

Really? I'd think it would be the opposite - that if he is a better corner than he'd be better as a FS centerfield than underneath. If that's true, it underscores a need for them to get a real upgrade at CB as a priority. Wouldn't mind getting Ware for a rushbacker and seeing if they can get one of the top 2 or 3 CBs in the draft. If Dennard should fall or they can get Gilbert they'd actually be in decent shape.

much better may be overstating it but he doesnt make plays patrolling....i think he has 5 int's since hes been in the league...where as hes a very good slot coverage guy...i dont know much about his tackling but one of my boys was tellin me hes often amongst the league leaders in missed tackles
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: Rome on March 11, 2014, 05:49:46 PM
The substitute teacher misspelled Malcolm.

Get on it.

QuoteAdam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h

Former Saints S Malcom Jenkins to Philly on a 3-year, $16.25M deal, per source.

I blame Schefty.

Besides, as a substitute teacher, it's pretty much my #1 responsibility to butcher children's names while saying or spelling them.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

BigEd76

QB Eagles

It's basically a good signing. Addresses a need without breaking the bank, and there is upside potential in his game still. The coaches must really like his versatility because the Eagles had him targeted and jumped on him immediately, it's not like this was Plan D after all the safeties they really wanted were scooped up.