Need your opinion please

Started by phattymatty, November 30, 2012, 10:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

So I'm starting a little side business in the next month. Can't go into all the details yet but it's a taco place that only delivers on Saturdays. Might sound stupid but there are some reasons behind it.

Anyway, I have a few logo options and I'm starting out with pretty underground marketing, basically business cards at bars, bartenders I know giving them out, stapled to phone poles in the city, etc. It's going to seem shady as shtein but is going to be pretty tech savvy, app and everything.

Which logo do you guys like best? Please answer with 1, 2 or 3 and why. I already have one in mind but would like outsiders' thoughts.

Whoever answers will get free tacos whenever you're in DC. Thank you.

General_Failure

3. 2 looks like the top half of a very surprised head, and 1 is clearly some 80s gay mexican pimp getting people to come bukake the moon.

The man. The myth. The legend.

phattymatty

Thank you sir that's exactly what I need.

hbionic

2 & 3 have good elements.

The font and black background for #3 I think is the catchiest and the contrast catches the eye quickly. I like the concept of the taco on wheels even though from Big Brother's perspective...it does look like a surprised head but that is only due to the taco being the same color as the back ground.

I think if you somehow put the black background with the font of #3, and the taco on wheels, the font will stick out and even if you are butt farging drunk, your brain should be able to still put two and two together and figure out that the taco on wheels is the universal sign for taco delivery and/or fast food.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phattymatty

thanks. once i go national you also have tacos for life.

PhillyPhreak54

1 is cool because we know your premise already. However it doesn't have a taco picture on it. It has the word taco but the photo of the taco appeals to the persons stomach immediately.

2 is generic but the wheels show delivery and I like that.

However I choose three because its a cool logo and most importantly has the taco in it. So when people grab the cards or see the advertisement they'll want to eat - especially when they're thirteen beers deep and want drunk food brought to them.

Good luck.

Eagaholic

I definitely like 1 the best because to me it is the most immediately eye catching. It also has enough of the requisite red with some orange/yellow that is used by almost all of the most successful fast food chains (Subway is one notable exception and Arbys and KFC use only red), because in advertising psychology it is said to stimulate the appetite and associate with food desire. Having the pepper as a mascot type figure I think is also catchy which helps with memory imprinting. Have you thought of mentioning the use of brains and head parts in your add?

Diomedes

3.  If the idea is to sell tacos, then having a tacoman as the mascot/logo is far better than a taco on wheels, which is better in turn than a pepper man with a boner.  The shades, hat, and morrocos are good props and the font on black banner is the easiest to read/stands out best.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

This is a genius idea. Also, I'm 100% with Dio on this one. I do like #1, but there is too much going on. #2 just does nothing for me. While #3 may have a "creeper" effect, it tells the right story and has some potential to "catch on" as a branding tool.

I would get your logo people to start from there and do another couple of work-ups more similar to better hone in on the right choice. But definitely start with #3.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on December 01, 2012, 06:33:08 AM
3.  If the idea is to sell tacos, then having a tacoman as the mascot/logo is far better than a taco on wheels, which is better in turn than a pepper man with a boner.  The shades, hat, and morrocos are good props and the font on black banner is the easiest to read/stands out best.

Agree with all of this. I looked at all 3 then covered 2 of them up and looked at each individually, 3 really caught my eye. The others would work too but 3 stood out [I'm an avid Mexican food fan].

Do yourself a favor and utilize social media to it's fullest extent. It's free advertising and an easy way to spread the word.

Sgt PSN

All 3 have elements to them that I like and don't like. 

#1 is too busy as others have mentioned but the little jalepeno guy is pretty cool. 

#2 doesn't have enough contrast but the taco on wheels makes me hungry and tells me that you'll bring me my food. 

#3 is the most visually sound of them all, but I don't get it.  What's the character supposed to be?  An orange?  Even if it's not, it looks like an orange and oranges don't make me think of tacos.....at least not good ones anyway. 

So in their current state, I'd probably go with #3.  But I'd also try to come up with something that pulls the elements of all 3 together.  Maybe take the jalepeno guy and put him behind the banner from #3?

Anyway, good luck with it bro.  Once you're up and running I expect Taco Tailgating on Sundays.

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 01, 2012, 09:09:40 AM

#3 is the most visually sound of them all, but I don't get it.  What's the character supposed to be?  An orange?  Even if it's not, it looks like an orange and oranges don't make me think of tacos.....at least not good ones anyway. 

Anyway, good luck with it bro.  Once you're up and running I expect Taco Tailgating on Sundays.

Ever see an orange with cheese, sour cream, lettuce and meat coming out of it? The Sunday taco tailgate sounds like a great idea.

Tomahawk

3 is the best but what the farg's coming out of his hat? Lose the stem and make it a real sombrero. I like 1 though too because it makes me laugh but I'm a simpleton.

phattymatty

thank you gentlemen. i was already leaning towards three for pretty much the same reasons most of you just said.

appreciate the feedback. tacos on me.

Diomedes

Can you score me some Psilocybin mushrooms instead?  That would be most excellent.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger