2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 11, 2011, 01:02:39 PM
Quote from: phillycrew on October 11, 2011, 12:04:19 PM
Phillies will get them next year.  Ibanez and Lidge and their large salaries will be clear.  HOF Brown and Mayberry will be a nice platoon in left.  Got to keep Cole and Madson.

is there a response for this or do we just accept it and move on

We have nothing left Todd.  I got one of those emails from my friend yesterday with all the rah rah "We'll be back" shtein trying to break everything down how the bums will be there in 2012.  After I vomited on my keyboard I deleted it.

I am more pissed this morning then I was Friday.  It was actually easier to deal with it Friday since you could just feel the game/series/season slipping away with every pitch and every out from the fifth inning on.  By the time Choke collapsed, literally, you were beyond pissed, irate, sad, suicidal, etc.  You knew it was coming.  Now, especially with the NLCS already heading into game 3 the reality that the season is over hits you like a shovel to the face. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

I haven't watched 10 seconds of either LCS.  Couldn't care less about them.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on October 11, 2011, 04:22:30 PM

Likewise but when I heard Pujlos is still hitting the shtein out of the ball I hit something.  May have been my son's face can't recall but I hit something.

Rome

The only bit I saw live was the Cruz slam.

Detroit would be a modest interest because of Leland but other than that who cares.

Sgt PSN

While I'm sure Selig would cream his pants if Mil gets in, is it possible to have a worse WS match up than Mil/Tex? (other than Rays/Marlins)

Cards/Tigers has got to be the preferred match up nationwide. 

Rome

Sgt PSN

It's incredibly MA.  But you're getting that with any possible match up this year. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quote from: Rome on October 11, 2011, 04:22:30 PM

same. since the eagles lost i haven't even watched a second of any sport. my cable doesn't get versus or else i'd pretend to be a big hockey fan again, just for something to root for. at least college basketball starts soon.

Don Ho