CF = Malware????

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, July 09, 2009, 11:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Got a similar thing from McAfee at home last night, at work using Google Chrome get this:

QuoteWarning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at www.concretefield.com contains elements from the site go00ogle.net, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for go00ogle.net.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

I noticed something from go00ogle.net loaded when I logged in to post this....
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

I noticed this myself yesterday, and sent a message to the host. I'll be taking the board down tomorrow for a fresh install after back everything up. If you're running some kind of script blocker, you're probably okay. If you're using IE, and you're at work, you may want to spruce up your resume.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

Changed the theme temporarily while I work out the problems.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

General_Failure

I am also having seizures, yes.

PhillyPhreak54

:-D

It keeps trippin when I am typing...when I try to quote someone it bounces all over the joint. I was scurrrred that I got a virus on the work computer.

General_Failure

Let's see if I can find one that isn't borked and AIDS-filled for the moment.

General_Failure

NoScript is saying there's no more go00gle.net crap, so I think we're good again.

Zanshin

fwiw, I kept getting hijacked when I came here yesterday, and the first thing that loads is some sort of go00gle.net crap that tried to redirect me.

Seabiscuit36

yeah, i got hit by something too wherei was getting redirected, i use the firefox

General_Failure

I keep on updating the board software when those updates come, and the SMF team's response is that the host hasn't updated their stuff. The host, naturally, says the board software is to blame. So I guess I'll be fixing this on a weekly basis from now on. Super.

Seabiscuit36

thats why you make the big bucks GF

Sgt PSN

i got redirected to the yellow pages the other day and just now was sent to google. 

PhillyPhreak54

I was trying to get redirected but so many things were trying to pop up that I just closed Firefox and re-opened it. It seems fine now.