Wedding Tips

Started by Yeti, August 14, 2005, 06:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

As I mentioned, Mrs. Yeti and I just celebrated our tenth year anniversary.  It took me a while to work out some of the bugs so as a wedding present to Wingspan I thought I would post some tips on how we survived this long.  That way maybe he won't have to figure out these things by trial and error like the rest of us.  I also want to see what other married people do so I can incorporate it into my list of tricks.

I found the biggest tip is when we have a difference of opinion and I know I am right, I never insist that she is wrong.  I tell her what I know, I hear her out and then I say "You might be right, I've been wrong before." 
Like a day later she checks it out and comes back and says "You were right about that thing we were talking about."  And I down play it like "Really?"
When we first got married I would go on and on trying to prove that I was right and she was wrong and it just frustrated both of us.  And she NEVER came back and said I was right back then.  And if I find out she was right I do the same thing.

But she rubs it in a little. 
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

PhillyGirl

If you have something bugging you, don't hold it in. If you do, it festers and then one day, for no apparent reason, you just come out with it all and your spouse will have no clue wtf is going on and where it all came from. If you talk about it when it happens, its SO, SO, SO much better.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mussa

im not married but advice like this is relavent to an relationship.  my girl is always right, at least she thinks so and its sooo annoying.  its hard not to be a fleshpop sometimes.  patience is key for sure.  its hard not to let your emotions take over.   :boom
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Divorce saved my marriage. 

General_Failure

Quote from: mussa on August 14, 2005, 07:25:12 PM
its hard not to let your emotions take over. :boom

Escpecially when you're clearly imbalanced to start with.

The man. The myth. The legend.

T_Section224

i know it sounds corny, but we never go to bed angry at eachother, and with the baby we never raise our voices in front of him, no matter what is going on.  oh, and lots of vodka to keep me calm.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

PhillyGirl

Quote from: T_Section224 on August 15, 2005, 07:59:43 AM
i know it sounds corny, but we never go to bed angry at eachother

:yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Don't get caught staring down the bridesmaids...

Zanshin

Laugh...a lot.  And lots of sex....  Hopefully not at the same time.

mussa

Quote from: General_Failure on August 14, 2005, 10:02:13 PM
Quote from: mussa on August 14, 2005, 07:25:12 PM
its hard not to let your emotions take over. :boom

Escpecially when you're clearly imbalanced to start with.

thats right :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Share a love of sports  :yay  On our honeymoon one couple we met who had been married for 35years said to make sure that you get out at least one night per month with just you two.  And to make sure that you get one trip away per year.  If you have kids just forget about them and be selfish.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Yeti

Always put the toilet seat down.  Buy flowers for no reason.  Always give her the big half when you split something.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

hbionic

I've never been married...but I'm assuming don't farg her sister is good advice. I don't know.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyGirl

Quote from: hbionic on August 15, 2005, 04:29:41 PM
I've never been married...but I'm assuming don't farg her sister is good advice. I don't know.

Or brother, in your case.

hbionic

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 15, 2005, 04:34:08 PMOr brother, in your case.

Or Golden Retriever in your case.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05