Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

You'll get no major complaints from me on Hamels this year.    I was glad to see the bats finally wake up and give him some run support. 

ice grillin you

i dont think anyone could complain about his play...altho i wouldnt rave about a .500 record...then again some people dont think a pitchers wins matter...and id also like to see him win some close games...tight low scoring games such as the oens you find in the playoffs

that said this is what people primarily complain about....

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Hamels is one of the exceptions to the rule.......had he gotten average run support in a few of his starts, his W/L record would be much better than what it is.  Agreed to a certain extent on the tight games thing.  At the same time, he's not Doc and isn't a threat to throw 8 or 9 innings of shut out ball every time he takes the mound either.  But it would be nice to see him hold it down around 50% of the time.  I think I remember you posting before that he is 1-6 in 1 run games or something like that.  If he could hold it together and keep the other team off the board in 2 of those games, then there really isn't anything to complain about.  And even this is kind of nit picking. 

SunMo

even that 1 run record is deceiving because at least 2 or 3 of them they were shut out.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i dont need shutouts or 8 innings...i need him to outpitch the other guy in a close game during the middle innings...he showed in the 2008 ws he could do it...he needs to show this year in the playoffs and world series he can do it again

and even then he will still be a part down the middle feathered hair so cal bitch made bama

charlie

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 09, 2010, 11:02:18 AM
Hamels is one of the exceptions to the rule.......had he gotten average run support in a few of his starts, his W/L record would be much better than what it is.  Agreed to a certain extent on the tight games thing.  At the same time, he's not Doc and isn't a threat to throw 8 or 9 innings of shut out ball every time he takes the mound either.  But it would be nice to see him hold it down around 50% of the time.  I think I remember you posting before that he is 1-6 in 1 run games or something like that.  If he could hold it together and keep the other team off the board in 2 of those games, then there really isn't anything to complain about.  And even this is kind of nit picking. 

If you're going to use numbers in an arguement, using the right numbers would certianly help.

Hamels has won two 1-0 games this year and lost 2. Has been involved in 1 additional shut out.  Only been involved in 3 1 run losses.. so i have no idea where that 1-6 in 1 run games comes from.

He's given up less than 1 run in 7 innings or more 10 times this year. 2 runs or less in 7+ 13 times.

By my count, he's had 4 bad starts this year, he's actually pitching better than he did in 2008.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think he's an excellent 3rd starter.  Now will Halladay stop pitching like one?  He hasn't been an "ace" his last few starts.

Debate!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: charlie on September 09, 2010, 11:12:50 AM

If you're going to use numbers in an arguement, using the right numbers would certianly help.

Next time, I'll be sure to search through IGY's 41000 posts so I can quote it just for you snookums. 

charlie

Please use in line citations with a references page.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 09, 2010, 11:13:26 AM
I think he's an excellent 3rd starter.  Now will Halladay stop pitching like one?  He hasn't been an "ace" his last few starts.

Debate!

Halladay went through a similar stretch last year of suckiness in Aug or Sept.  I don't know if this is pretty typical of him or not, I just remember that he wasn't pitching well for Toronto and I was glad the Phils had Cliff Lee.  Now I'm glad they have Roy Oswalt. 

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

I think he's an excellent 3rd starter.  Now will Halladay stop pitching like one?  He hasn't been an "ace" his last few starts.

Debate!

total question mark in the playoffs just for the fact that he has never been there...hes gonna get hit around imo...not so much in terms of runs but lots of hits and too many runs

Quote from: charlie on September 09, 2010, 11:12:50 AM
Hamels is one of the exceptions to the rule.......had he gotten average run support in a few of his starts, his W/L record would be much better than what it is.  Agreed to a certain extent on the tight games thing.  At the same time, he's not Doc and isn't a threat to throw 8 or 9 innings of shut out ball every time he takes the mound either.  But it would be nice to see him hold it down around 50% of the time.  I think I remember you posting before that he is 1-6 in 1 run games or something like that.  If he could hold it together and keep the other team off the board in 2 of those games, then there really isn't anything to complain about.  And even this is kind of nit picking.  

Hamels has won two 1-0 games this year and lost 2. Has been involved in 1 additional shut out.  Only been involved in 3 1 run losses.. so i have no idea where that 1-6 in 1 run games comes from.

He's given up less than 1 run in 7 innings or more 10 times this year. 2 runs or less in 7+ 13 times.

By my count, he's had 4 bad starts this year, he's actually pitching better than he did in 2008.

hes like 2-7 in games that have a total of five runs or less....and until he wins another couple post season mvps he hasnt pitched nearly as well as 2008...no one cares about a regular season .500 pitcher unless hes 21 and on a terrible team so you can look forward to something

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2010, 11:28:13 AM

Debate!

hes gonna get hit around imo...not so much in terms of runs but lots of hits and too many runs

Sometimes I get you.  Sometimes I don't. 

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

my bad...."hit around" is a baseball term...it generally means lit up...8 runs in two innings for example...

im saying hes going to give up lots of hits and too many runs to win but not get lit up